Thread: Opponents View: 2016 New Orleans Bowl

1. UL Football Opponents View: 2016 New Orleans Bowl

Louisiana-Lafayette is no stranger to Southern Miss.

The teams, which have met 50 times in the series' history, will square off again on Dec. 17 (8 p.m., ESPN) in the New Orleans Bowl at the Mercedes Benz Superdome.

The rest of the story
    Hattiesburg American

Default Re: Opponents View: 2016 New Orleans Bowl

He may want to add a #4 for the correct reference to the sports team they are competing against. He totally butchered it.

I was just about to write that.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Louisiana-Lafayette is no stranger to Southern Miss.

The teams, which have met 50 times in the series' history, will square off again on Dec. 17 (8 p.m., ESPN) in the New Orleans Bowl at the Mercedes Benz Superdome.

The rest of the story
    Hattiesburg American
    The Hattiesburg paper is owned by the same company as The Advertiser. I don't get with all of the information our SID and conference put out about our LOUISIANA name as well as The Advertiser's reference to LOUISIANA and UL, that both the newspaper and the USM SID still won't call us LOUISIANA. Neither, apparently, will the N. O. Bowl. Why are we not having a greater impact on our name with all three of these, never mind the media? WTH does it take to get people on board with this? Is the Sun Belt doing more than just the media release? Is Alden not able to have any national influence? Still waiting to hear Dr. Leger's response on this. If we can't make a splash on a national level with our name on a prime time bowl game, just how and when are we ever going to?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    The Hattiesburg paper is owned by the same company as The Advertiser. I don't get with all of the information our SID and conference put out about our LOUISIANA name as well as The Advertiser's reference to LOUISIANA and UL, that both the newspaper and the USM SID still won't call us LOUISIANA. Neither, apparently, will the N. O. Bowl. Why are we not having a greater impact on our name with all three of these, never mind the media? WTH does it take to get people on board with this? Is the Sun Belt doing more than just the media release? Is Alden not able to have any national influence? Still waiting to hear Dr. Leger's response on this. If we can't make a splash on a national level with our name on a prime time bowl game, just how and when are we ever going to?
    I'd like to hear the response from Dr. Leger too. The change was always going to be slow going with the national outlets (although I don't know why. UALR changes to Little Rock and Wisconsin-Green Bay changes to Green Bay and it's changed on ESP-N overnight). We have the support of our conference so there should be no hang up.

You'd like to hear "yes, we submitted UL and the conference's preferred name sheet to the NO Bowl and ESPN." Then it would be up to ESP-N to do it's normal thing and ignore the request.

N.O. Bowl web page

http://www.neworleansbowl.org/

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Speaking of our (temp) SID, this is a summary of the email I sent to her yesterday:

"Specifically, will UL be ensuring that the following entities are in compliance to our required branding practices of "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns," or just "Louisiana" for the bowl? :

1. The major media outlets, ESPN, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, etc.
    2. The local media: the Picayune, Advocate, etc.
    3. The NOLA bowl itself
    4. The referees
    5. The USM folks

Let's face it.they want us in NOLA for the money we bring them, so let's make sure that they treat us the way we should be treated.

Thanks, and GEAUX Cajuns!"

And here is her response:

"Thank you for your email. I appreciate your opinion and assure you that we are doing everything possible to expose our brand nationally in a fashion consistent with our branding practice.
    Jessica Clarke Leger, Ph.D.

Interim Director of Athletics
    University of Louisiana . at Lafayette
    Phone: (337) 482-5393"

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Speaking of our (temp) SID, this is a summary of the email I sent to her yesterday:

"Specifically, will UL be ensuring that the following entities are in compliance to our required branding practices of "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns," or just "Louisiana" for the bowl? :

3. The NOLA bowl itself
    4. The referees
    5. The USM folks

Let's face it.they want us in NOLA for the money we bring them, so let's make sure that they treat us the way we should be treated.

"Thank you for your email. I appreciate your opinion and assure you that we are doing everything possible to expose our brand nationally in a fashion consistent with our branding practice.

Consistent branding practices? What's that?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Consistent branding practices? What's that?
    "Louisiana" ("LA" for tickers). Per university, Sun Belt, and 2 interviews Jessica's done so far on radio.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post

3. The NOLA bowl itself
    4. The referees
    5. The USM folks

Thanks for posting.

I prefer OOOOOOOOOO LA LA or THUG U

Thread Information