Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread: 2016 New Orleans Bowl Thread

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. Southern Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    The announcers are so biased it is not even funny. Whomever forgot to tell the TV crew we are Louisiana needs to be skull f'ed.!
    We were suppose to put out the information from the conference at all sport events that we were to be called Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Espn will never abide by that. The SEC has some one in the broadcast booth to make sure not to use anything but Louisiana-Lafayette.

USM's punter did a nice job catching that last snap. Had it gone over his head it would have been a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    We were suppose to put out the information from the conference at all sport events that we were to be called Louisiana or Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. Espn will never abide by that. The SEC has some one in the broadcast booth to make sure not to use anything but Louisiana-Lafayette.
    I wouldn't say never, but I do think ESPN is being spiteful after all the years of calls and emails trying to manipulate them to call us Louisiana. We have been a pain and I do think some of the ESPNers have a snarky attitude. Eventually we will gain cooperation. Getting the Sun Belt's cooperation was huge. Instinctively I think LSU has moved on from the issue. We can't hurt them with our branding but they can hurt themselves by appearing petty about it. The guy that gets under my skin is that guy Lyn Rollins. I think he is afraid that he won't get to broadcast LSU games if he gives in, and he may feel like he has been harassed by us as well.

I think victory was assured last month, but in the meantime there will be some last defiant acts. Perhaps next fall we'll get this accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Not surprising to see everyone piling it on the coaches. I was frustrated also. But it doesn't take a genius to see that we need better QB play. We weren't going to win a bowl game without passing the ball every once and a while. Even Luke Johnson, who is an LSU alum pulling like hell for Jennings to succeed, wrote an entire article about how we need better QB play. That was the difference in this ball game. It was glaringly obvious
    I agree that we need much better QB play. But a big part of getting better QB play will start with getting MUCH better OL play, especially when it comes to pass protection. The pass protection by the OL has been awful all year. Even a great QB (ie. Drew Brees) can't be effective without getting adequate protection and time to throw.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I agree that we need much better QB play. But a big part of getting better QB play will start with getting MUCH better OL play, especially when it comes to pass protection. The pass protection by the OL has been awful all year. Even a great QB (ie. Drew Brees) can't be effective without getting adequate protection and time to throw.
    Has the OL problem over the years been that we've gotten bigger and stronger, but less agile?

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Has the OL problem over the years been that we've gotten bigger and stronger, but less agile?
    I'm not a coach so I don't know what the issue is. But I do know what I see, and that is the QB rarely has time to throw. Then, when he does, it is usually not very good.

If only Hud woulda pulled the trigger on the BWK kid. Alas.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Can't answer that question Cali, but it does seem our tackles are not athletic enough to stay with speed rushers. Last year's group seemed out of shape. I don't think that was necessarily the case this year but pass blocking was the main issue all season. I can't tell you why that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    I agree Jennings was horrible and goodlett in defense was just as bad.you're not gonna beat a decent team when you can't throw a pass
    The cold hard fact is this.

If we had a better QB in waiting, Jennings would have never transferred here, much less walk in and start.

That said, we need to go out and get one for next season, because one dropped unexpected pass does not make a QB with a passing threat for next year. If Ray was a passing threat, Jennings would have been long gone.

This falls at the coaches' feet. I cannot fault ANYONE who is offered a free ride to college. It's an opportunity many never ever get.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Sorry, but we could have went 6-6 with Davis
    Yes, and then he would have had a year's experience under his belt. Even if Jennings were to get another year of eligibility I don't think we improve much, if at all, from 6 wins.

I agree that the no. 1 problem would be the OL, but it's the coaches that put us in this position, specifically Coach Hud.

Tbh I think they were just more talented than we were. They had better play at qb, rb, wr, line play, and their pass rush was insane. 6 sacks I believe, 4 from one guy. And Mullins beat us in the film room. Said after the game he knew he could exploit the zone coverage. We had half the yards they did and now looking back am kinda suprised we were within a touchdown

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Thread

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    I think it will be the fourth highest attendance in New Orleans Bowl history.
    Breaking 34014, giving us the top 5 attendance records in NOLA Bowl history.
    Fans can make a weekend of it and go tour the National WW2 Museum, one of the top
    museums in the country.
    This year's NOLA Bowl attendance reported as 35,061.
    Fourth largest crowd in NOLA Bowl history.
    Cajun fans have now brought them the top 5!

They didn't have better RB play than the Cajuns, they just used their RB better.

Default Re: New Orleans Bowl Thread

This topic may have been covered and if so, I apologize for the repeat. Is it just me or was Poole's first sack of Jennings' targeting? I kept looking at the replay and all I saw was him leaving the ground and striking Jennings with the crown of his helmet. If that is not targeting there is no such thing. I know that this is woulda shoulda coulda but imagine the change in their defense strategy if he is out. We could not stop the guy. The targeting call on Walker is understandable as it was at least a late hit but in no way did he lead with anything other than his shoulder. It hurt our backfield. Besides, he was due to guard somebody at least once during the game and it could have happened on USM's last couple of drives. I think the targeting rule should be removed.

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst . 43 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast

Thread Information