Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

1. UL Football Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajun football team celebrated senior day the right way, with a memorable win.

2. Default Re: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

Amazing how ULM wrangled their schedule to get an off week just prior to our upcoming game. Any word on injuries that limit practice or participation?

Default Re: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

I wonder if anyone has a clip of the arky last play?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    I wonder if anyone has a clip of the arky last play?
    I watched it on WatchESPN replay and it isn't even close. His knee was down way before he let go of the ball. In fact, his hip was contacting the ground before the ball left his hand.

5. Default Re: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

Hard to believe the zebras got that wrong.

Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Hard to believe the zebras got that wrong.
    Eh, scoring plays are always reviewed, if it's just a fumble, no review is necessary. I think they called it as a fumble/td so they could double check and make sure that they got it right.

Still have not gotten it right. The correct call was to blow the whistle, or at least declare a dead ball after the fact, when the OL when a player other than the fumbler attempted to advance the ball.

Rule 4-1-3 Ball declared dead
    A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:
    (j) when, before a change of team possession on fourth down or a try, a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler.

Rule 7-2-2-a Caught or Recovered
    When a backward pass or fumble is caught or recovered by any inbounds player, the ball continues in play.
    Exception 2
    On fourth down before a change of team possession, when a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler, the ball is dead. If the catch or recovery is beyond the spot of the fumble, the ball is returned to the spot of the fumble.

9. Default Re: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

Quote Originally Posted by ATXCajun View Post
    Still have not gotten it right. The correct call was to blow the whistle, or at least declare a dead ball after the fact, when the OL when a player other than the fumbler attempted to advance the ball.

Rule 4-1-3 Ball declared dead
    A live ball becomes dead and an official shall sound his whistle or declare it dead:
    (j) when, before a change of team possession on fourth down or a try, a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler.

Rule 7-2-2-a Exception 2
    On fourth down before a change of team possession, when a Team A fumble is caught or recovered by a Team A player other than the fumbler, the ball is dead. If the catch or recovery is beyond the spot of the fumble, the ball is returned to the spot of the fumble.
    ---This is really interesting---if I have it comprehended correctly, the ball was automatically dead WHEN the big lineman picked it up---there would have been 2 seconds on the clock with a Cajun first down from that spot??? Correcto???

10. UL Football Re: Cajuns Win A Wild One Over The Red Wolves On Senior Day

Would that hold up in an appeal if the video had not been clear. Any case the friggin zebras never saw anything. They blew it any way they could.

Well, I think they considered it a backwards lateral. Even if it hits the ground, (unlike a fumble) it can be advanced by the player that recovers it.

Luckily the ball carrier was down before he lateraled (or fumbled).

FYI--replay of game is on right now on CSTHD 1037 (Cox).

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Well, I think they considered it a backwards lateral. Even if it hits the ground, (unlike a fumble) it can be advanced by the player that recovers it.

Correct, yes, and YES (he definitely threw it)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Would that hold up in an appeal if the video had not been clear. Any case the friggin zebras never saw anything. They blew it any way they could.
    This is the scary part. They were prepared to hand this one to ASU on an illegal play.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post

In the previous post I failed in include some lead in language from the rule. I fixed that post and I'll include here.

Yes, under most circumstances, a backward pass can be advanced. However, the rule provides an exception that fits our circumstance:

Rule 7-2-2-a Caught or Recovered
    When a backward pass or fumble is caught or recovered by any inbounds player, the ball continues in play.
    Exception 2

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information