Thread: Preview: Louisiana vs Texas Southern

1. Default Preview: Louisiana vs Texas Southern

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team returns from the Thanksgiving break on Sunday when it plays host to Texas Southern at Blackham Coliseum. Tipoff is set for 4 p.m.

Default Re: Preview: Louisiana vs Texas Southern

This, I didn't know.

" A win would mark the first time in school history the Ragin' Cajuns would have won four straight games during the month of November."

Cajuns win!
    Cajuns make history!

When looking at the box score, I'd never know we won by double digits. The funny thing is that we dominated them in the area that I think we are the weakest, that's rebounding. 15 offensive rebounds is a hefty sum. I didn't get to go but I would have to assume they are a guard heavy team and we had some size advantage. Nonetheless, its a good win over a good team where we shot terrible from 3pt range.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    When looking at the box score, I'd never know we won by double digits. The funny thing is that we dominated them in the area that I think we are the weakest, that's rebounding. 15 offensive rebounds is a hefty sum. I didn't get to go but I would have to assume they are a guard heavy team and we had some size advantage. Nonetheless, its a good win over a good team where we shot terrible from 3pt range.
    They had athletic 6-7 and 7-0 guys inside. You really underestimate the ability of Bryce Washington and Justin Miller on the boards, and our guards this year are much better rebounders than in the recent past.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    They had athletic 6-7 and 7-0 guys inside. You really underestimate the ability of Bryce Washington and Justin Miller on the boards, and our guards this year are much better rebounders than in the recent past.
    I don't underestimate Bryce Washington at all. However, when you are looking at really trying to get 40+ rebounds per game, you can't rely only on Bryce. Miller rebounded well but he has been hit or miss this year, especially on the glass as this is only the second good game he's had rebounding. In a lot of our lineups, we tend to go small and that requires a team approach to rebounding. You can't rely just on those two for all of your rebounding numbers moving forward can you? Even if Miller gets some traction and becomes a more consistent contributor. This is still an area that I think will be of concern for us moving forward, especially in conference where there are some pretty decent frontcourts.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't underestimate Bryce Washington at all. However, when you are looking at really trying to get 40+ rebounds per game, you can't rely only on Bryce. Miller rebounded well but he has been hit or miss this year, especially on the glass as this is only the second good game he's had rebounding. In a lot of our lineups, we tend to go small and that requires a team approach to rebounding. You can't rely just on those two for all of your rebounding numbers moving forward can you? Even if Miller gets some traction and becomes a more consistent contributor. This is still an area that I think will be of concern for us moving forward, especially in conference where there are some pretty decent frontcourts.
    We will, once again, have the best frontcourt in the conference; not the most athletic, but the best. Miller is getting better every game, and Washington is the best inside player in the conference; and more importantly, they play VERY well together. You are correct that we need more rebounding from the guard position, and we will get it this year. I honestly believe that this is Marlin's best team since he arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We will, once again, have the best frontcourt in the conference; not the most athletic, but the best. Miller is getting better every game, and Washington is the best inside player in the conference; and more importantly, they play VERY well together. You are correct that we need more rebounding from the guard position, and we will get it this year. I honestly believe that this is Marlin's best team since he arrived.
    I have to agree with you on all points . I think the combo of Miller and Washington will continue to get better; we see everybody getting better each game. Miller reminds me of Pancake Thomas; he would bang it down low and make his free throws. Only Miller shoots better and is a bit taller.

This is a fun team to watch also as you see the hustle out of everybody on each possession.

I want to add the rebound PJ Hardy got at the end of the game was very impressive. Roydell Brown continues to improve; he makes no one miss Jonathan Stove.

They played yesterday the way we played back in Coach Marlin's first year when they went on that winning streak; every game was close and we battled hard.

9. Default Re: Preview: Louisiana vs Texas Southern

Let's not forget LA is one of the best rebounding teams in the country at this point.

Thread Information