Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trip to ULM

Default Re: Trip to ULM

It is the week before finals. Im sure that is a factor the band considered when making the decision.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Someone not employed by UL (but well known around town) told a few of us at the game that ULM was in deep s-h-i-t and maintaining their football program was in jeopardy. I'm not sure where he got that information, but that is what he told us.
    Thanks for not mentioning my name

Z

3. Default Re: Trip to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    ---And meantime ---this is easily one of the most important games in recent history----Not that it is against a named team, or a high ranking, or a state team---this means a BOWL GAME and it would be the 5th in 6 years----this is a sign of a program of success after not going to a bowl since the late 60s---They have a great coach who has kicked our butt in the past and will have them ready for a great game---Come on guys!!!

Got to let Mcguire eat this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    It is the week before finals. Im sure that is a factor the band considered when making the decision.
    Shouldn't matter, IMO. this isn't an overnight trip--just there and back. I was in the USL Band in the 70's and 80's, and the ENTIRE band usually went to multiple away games. The band not going to Monroe is like us not going to McNeese back in the day--would NEVER happen!! If it's a matter of lack of travel funds, that is a HORRIBLE situation. Is Dr. Savoie aware of this, as well as the athletic dept?? This is the most important game of the season, and those guys NEED to be there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post

Z
    LOL!!!

Z,
    We all know you are like the all powerful and all knowing Oz, but I heard the rumor from another person not worthy to hold your jock! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Shouldn't matter, IMO. this isn't an overnight trip--just there and back. I was in the USL Band in the 70's and 80's, and the ENTIRE band usually went to multiple away games. The band not going to Monroe is like us not going to McNeese back in the day--would NEVER happen!! If it's a matter of lack of travel funds, that is a HORRIBLE situation. Is Dr. Savoie aware of this, as well as the athletic dept?? This is the most important game of the season, and those guys NEED to be there!!
    I know it stinks. I was in The PoA for 5 years. But the band is not suporrted as much as it was then. People just go to games now for football and not the whole experience.
    and Well lol our economy also isnt exactly the greatest right now. And with the athletic department not receiving as much money as of recent past, the band fund i assume is one of the first to be shrank. And even though it is a day trip it is still expensive AF now-a-days. it still costs thousands.

8. Default Re: Trip to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    We go to one away game per year and we went to Tulane.
    A stint to New Orleans is half a trip.

A ride to ULM is also small potatoes.

Combined is equal to one out of state trip.

Let's Geaux Band.

9. Default Re: Trip to ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    A stint to New Orleans is half a trip.

A ride to ULM is also small potatoes.

Combined is equal to one out of state trip.

Let's Geaux Band.
    ----If I could post that "Animal House" pre parade scene where my boy gets fired up and urges the Frat on to action----Come on band---can somebody put it on here---Funny!!!

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    LOL!!!

Z,
    We all know you are like the all powerful and all knowing Oz, but I heard the rumor from another person not worthy to hold your jock! LOL!!!
    Well he did get the info from me!! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----If I could post that "Animal House" pre parade scene where my boy gets fired up and urges the Frat on to action----Come on band---can somebody put it on here---Funny!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO9rJtNtmqc

12. Default Re: Trip to ULM

Cajuns open as 7 point road favorites I expect that line to increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Cajuns open as 7 point road favorites I expect that line to increase.
    Who's your money on?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Who's your money on?
    I'll decide on Friday, but gut tells me Cajuns by a FG.

Cajuns were the right side last week. In the 10 years I've been betting games, I've put money on a UL game maybe 4-5 times, and the first time in several years. Saturday was the first time I ever get paid when picking the good guys.

Going to the actual bowl game if we take care of business Saturday I'm assuming is the PoA's biggest priority

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information