Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. A-State

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. A-State

Congrats guys. We morphed back into the squad that lost to UCA today and made too many crucial errors, compounded by Hudspeth coaching circles around Anderson again. Full props to Jennings though for giving our defense fits all night.

I really hope we didn't doom ourselves to the disaster that is the Cure Bowl with this performance.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Ark. State had a few mistakes today. The missed FG and not catching the ball which Peters knocked out which was returned for a TD were two others. Those kind of things were common for the Cajuns earlier in the year. I am still perplexed by this OL. After two good games in Georgia, they struggle once again today.
    And our staff tried to give the game away multiple times 10000% player win. Beat Vegas, beat officials, beat own bad coaching, beat a good A-ST (though classless) team

Louisiana Ragin Cajuns Win! Onto the next one playoff mentality. Beat ulm!

I am going to catch crap for thisbut I wish Farmer could have been able to be on the field for the seniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    I am going to catch crap for thisbut I wish Farmer could have been able to be on the field for the seniors.
    The fact that he wasn't out there tells you a lot about how "mutual" the decision was. Without being forced out, there's not reason he couldn't have waited until Monday to resign so that he could take part in Senior Day festivities.

I just got off of work Listened on radio. Great victory. We overcame coaching errors and prevailed. Jennings played well, its a shame he could not have had time to fully absorb the system. Beating ulmost J C wont be easy. Our new name reference, et all will give them all the motivation they need to try to stop us from a bowl game. Fellas, this next game is THEIR national championship.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Congrats guys. We morphed back into the squad that lost to UCA today and made too many crucial errors, compounded by Hudspeth coaching circles around Anderson again. Full props to Jennings though for giving our defense fits all night.

I really hope we didn't doom ourselves to the disaster that is the Cure Bowl with this performance.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post

You a class act. We might not agree all the time but that's the greatest part of being a sports fan. With the exception of LSU and this ones for you, Hog fans !!

A lot of things went our way today after the blocked punt. The running game was a disaster, so Jennings had to get it done with his arm. He did just that and avoided mistakes. stAte dropped some passes, a 2 point conversion, threw the pick six. Our defense held enough to get the job done, but all together if you look at the stats, stAte kind of dominated that game. I'm still in awe, but our guys played hard all game and they deserved that one. Well done.

Well, that wasn't a pick six, it was more of a fumble return for a TD.

Eli is our best receiver because he plays the ball better and has the best hands. Stokely hands!

Eli should have been playing in the slot all season.

Those last two comments were posted on RP before the season started.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    A lot of things went our way today after the blocked punt. The running game was a disaster, so Jennings had to get it done with his arm. He did just that and avoided mistakes. stAte dropped some passes, a 2 point conversion, threw the pick six. Our defense held enough to get the job done, but all together if you look at the stats, stAte kind of dominated that game. I'm still in awe, but our guys played hard all game and they deserved that one. Well done.
    Yeah, we're extremely disappointed with the coaching staff this season. Especially the offensive side of the ball, there's no excuse for continuing to look this sloppy 11 games into the season. And Anderson's steadfast refusal to put a Kicker or punter on scholarship reared its ugly head today as well.

Honestly, that was the difference in the game. The little things that you guys did right and we didn't. Didn't like the taunting by both teams at the end, but the officiating crew sort of set that up with their complete confusion over that final play.

Oh well, on to a critical basketball game tomorrow. As critical as early season OOC games can be at least.

chiefsfan,
    Good luck the rest of the way!

13. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. A-State

Chiefsfan, nothing against you bud, but I hate A State. Their teams always behave like morons and always have something dirty up their sleeves So with all due respect, the Red Wolf Gang can kiss my vermillion & white ___!

Enjoy that L

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Chiefsfan, nothing against you bud, but I hate A State. Their teams always behave like morons and always have something dirty up their sleeves So with all due respect, the Red Wolf Gang can kiss my vermillion & white ___!

Enjoy that L
    That's more of this series in general. There's a lot of bad blood on both sides. It's not something specific to just AState, it's both sides.

You really have to understand this series to be able to coach in it.

And no, I won't enjoy the L. I will likely be miserable for the next few days because of this. But it will be more at my own school's team for failing to take advantage of the numerous opportunities we had today. It was a good football game. Yes, there were taunts and hits as usual, but nothing borderline criminal like some of the antics in 2014.

Arkansas State in football is what South Al is for baseball and now softball.

Good gosh, I miss Western Kentucky in basketball.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst . 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information