Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Herman to LSU??? . Not

Default Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

I'm curious to know how many of you would have the nerve to go up to Coach Hudspeth and tell him that you no longer want him to be the head coach here. It's one thing to say it (with believed anonymity) on a message board, but will you tell him, in person, on the phone or even by email, that you want him to leave? You are aware that this site is monitored and he knows you are saying this, so will you have the courage of your convictions and tell him directly?

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I'm curious to know how many of you would have the nerve to go up to Coach Hudspeth and tell him that you no longer want him to be the head coach here. It's one thing to say it (with believed anonymity) on a message board, but will you tell him, in person, on the phone or even by email, that you want him to leave? You are aware that this site is monitored and he knows you are saying this, so will you have the courage of your convictions and tell him directly?
    How about players like Gabe and possibly Cody Mitchell quitting the team? Should that not be a concern?

3. UL Football Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

If Hud asked me I'd tell him exactly what I think. I think he has done a real poor job for two years. The Oregon coache's buy out is half if he fails to reach 6/6 for two consecutive years. Hud is as close to that as he can be, why should I or anyone be afeared to tell him how we see things going. Add to that all the clubhouse issues he's involved in, he should not be surprised.

Oh, and let's not forget the twenty something victories vacated by someone he failed to properly vet.

No, I am not going to walk up to Hud and tell him all these things, but if he asked I'd absolutely tell him whatever I would here.

There are not many faceless buffoons here, most critical posters have identified themselves over and over. In no way is being critical being a buffoon, but being an enabler may very well be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Ed is staying as Head Coach.LSU gets it right.
    Terrible hire. He will not reach the success that Miles did.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Terrible hire. He will not reach the success that Miles did.
    Agree. LSU is a top 10 maybe 5 Coaching job in the countryCoach O is not deserving of a Top 5 or 10 Coach in the country by a long shot.

Does he know fan criticism comes with the ____ing job and million dollar salary? Give me a break with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    How about players like Gabe and possibly Cody Mitchell quitting the team? Should that not be a concern?
    It can be a concern, but I'm talking to people who have been stating for several weeks that they want him gone. I just want to see if they will make their feelings and thoughts known directly to him.

8. UL Football Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

What is your purpose, to have the entire Cajun Nation go up to him and ask him to take a hike? Louisiana people are not going to walk up to a coach and insult him. I'td be different if I were to walk up to him and wish him well, and turn around and stab him in the back. But that is indeed what he accused fans for after the election, and from what I'm reading he's accusing them of now.

It can be a concern, but I'm talking to people who have been stating for several weeks that they want him gone. I just want to see if they will make their feelings and thoughts known directly to him.
    Why would anyone feel the need to "make their feelings and thoughts known directly to him?"

Confronting Hud about this will get nothing accomplished. As you said they read RaginPagin' he knows what people are saying. Confronting him like you are talking about would be a low class move.

Why would you think anyone would NOT tell him the truth about their thoughts about his job as HC if asked?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What is your purpose, to have the entire Cajun Nation go up to him and ask him to take a hike? Louisiana people are not going to walk up to a coach and insult him. I'td be different if I were to walk up to him and wish him well, and turn around and stab him in the back. But that is indeed what he accused fans for after the election, and from what I'm reading he's accusing them of now.
    No, just the ones on here that have made such statements. I'm not trying to say that there's nothing wrong, but it's always easy to take the quick route and get rid of somebody rather than fight through the problems. If the few on this board would take the time to talk to him, they may find the solutions are already in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Agree. LSU is a top 10 maybe 5 Coaching job in the countryCoach O is not deserving of a Top 5 or 10 Coach in the country by a long shot.
    Seems like they could have gotten the Orgeron deal done for less money, where was Orgeron going to go? wasn't he still under contract for his "old" position? horrible contract writing skills and horrible business skills from a university that allegedly has a law school and a business school, and it by far isn't the first time

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Seems like they could have gotten the Orgeron deal done for less money, where was Orgeron going to go? wasn't he still under contract for his "old" position? horrible contract writing skills and horrible business skills from a university that allegedly has a law school and a business school, and it by far isn't the first time
    Coach Onwould have likely been the next HC here. Now that is out of the question for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Why would anyone feel the need to "make their feelings and thoughts known directly to him?"

Confronting Hud about this will get nothing accomplished. As you said they read RaginPagin' he knows what people are saying. Confronting him like you are talking about would be a low class move.

Why would you think anyone would NOT tell him the truth about their thoughts about his job as HC if asked?
    Because some people, who have a genuine concern for the welfare of the program and the people running it, aren't afraid to have a productive conversation that may benefit both sides of the conversation.

It may accomplish something if done the right way. It doesn't have to be a "confrontation."

I'm not suggesting they wait until he asks. He wouldn't ask. It would be like the head of a sales department asking an engineer why sales projections are not being met. I'm suggesting that people who look for an easy way out (get rid of the coach) find it easier to say the person is the problem rather than find out what the real problem is.

Because some people, who have a genuine concern for the welfare of the program and the people running it, aren't afraid to have a productive conversation that may benefit both sides of the conversation.

It may accomplish something if done the right way. It doesn't have to be a "confrontation."

I'm not suggesting they wait until he asks. He wouldn't ask. It would be like the head of a sales department asking an engineer why sales projections are not being met. I'm suggesting that people who look for an easy way out (get rid of the coach) find it easier to say the person is the problem rather than find out what the real problem is.
    Sounds like you've talked to Hud about the problems.

What's the deal?

No, just the ones on here that have made such statements. I'm not trying to say that there's nothing wrong, but it's always easy to take the quick route and get rid of somebody rather than fight through the problems. If the few on this board would take the time to talk to him, they may find the solutions are already in the works.
    I see you still believe that the people on this board who are outspoken about Hud and were outspoken about Farmer never approached either of them with questions or suggestions. Nothing could possibly be further from the truth.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information