Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Herman to LSU??? . Not

Default Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Because some people, who have a genuine concern for the welfare of the program and the people running it, aren't afraid to have a productive conversation that may benefit both sides of the conversation.

It may accomplish something if done the right way. It doesn't have to be a "confrontation."

I'm not suggesting they wait until he asks. He wouldn't ask. It would be like the head of a sales department asking an engineer why sales projections are not being met. I'm suggesting that people who look for an easy way out (get rid of the coach) find it easier to say the person is the problem rather than find out what the real problem is.
    I get what you are saying, but a lot of folks on here have suggested all season long some things that we think could help make this team be more successful. Of course we are just fans and we do not not know what all is going on and we do not see these players everyday like Hud and Company, so we work with what we got. Some ideas are outrageous and impracticable but some have meret

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Sounds like you've talked to Hud about the problems.

What's the deal?
    I'm sorry if it sounds that way. I have not spoken with him nor would I. I recognize that he knows more about football and his team than I do, so I trust him to fix his problems.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I see you still believe that the people on this board who are outspoken about Hud and were outspoken about Farmer never approached either of them with questions or suggestions. Nothing could possibly be further from the truth.
    That is not what I believe.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

That is not what I believe.
    Then why do you persist in repeating it? (Posts 91, 97 & 100 in this thread alone, and countless times in other threads)

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'm sorry if it sounds that way. I have not spoken with him nor would I. I recognize that he knows more about football and his team than I do, so I trust him to fix his problems.
    What coach would you ever know more than that you would "speak to"? Did you stay quiet through the Baldwin years, trusting him to fix his problems?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I get what you are saying, but a lot of folks on here have suggested all season long some things that we think could help make this team be more successful. Of course we are just fans and we do not not know what all is going on and we do not see these players everyday like Hud and Company, so we work with what we got. Some ideas are outrageous and impracticable but some have meret
    Right. They have made those suggestions on this message board. How many have made these suggestions or asked these questions at the Quarterback Club meetings, or at some other opportunity? I'm suggesting people speak directly to Coach Hudspeth. If you want him to leave, tell him so, and also tell him why you want him to leave. If you have a suggestion that you think will be helpful to him and his team, tell him. I don't want people taking the easy way out by saying "He's can't get the job done, let's get rid of him."

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Then why do you persist in repeating it? (Posts 91, 97 & 100 in this thread alone, and countless times in other threads)
    I'm not repeating it. But you are welcome to believe what you want.

I'm not repeating it. But you are welcome to believe what you want.
    I believe many things, but I know that you have consistently asserted that critics here have not talked with the appropriate people at UL. This is not a matter of belief; it is a matter of verifiable fact.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Seems like they could have gotten the Orgeron deal done for less money, where was Orgeron going to go? wasn't he still under contract for his "old" position? horrible contract writing skills and horrible business skills from a university that allegedly has a law school and a business school, and it by far isn't the first time
    First of all was under a one year contract as a DLine coach. The second he takes a better position from anyone that contract can be nullified.

Second of all you don't lowball your head coach because where else is he going. That's bad business.

Have you ever been in business? I'd did steer away from people engaged in unethical negotiations. That means working from a position of strength has to still be fair. This isn't a liquidators sale.

By the way where was LSU going after dropping the Jimbo/Herman ball.

10. Default Re: Herman to LSU??? . Not

Coaches are often as baffled as anyone else with regards to problems in THEIR domain. It's as true for businesses of every kind.

Customers cannot fix the problems, but are the best way to find out about the problem.

Hud has been losing valuable talent too often. Proof,just look at good GPA vs mediocre APR. Hud cannot identify a good DCordinator. What's this his fifth in six years? Hud has a losing record because he was sloppy or worse in vetting a so called rogue coach. Evidence loss of victories, schlorships, probation and a fine.

We've got a lot of problems he has not been able to fix,.

It was just reported that texas has to pay a buyout for assistants, why would this be necessary if assistants are on one yr deals?

It was just reported that texas has to pay a buyout for assistants, why would this be necessary if assistants are on one yr deals?
    It would be very minimal. Texas is also still paying Mack Brown, Charlie Strong and now Tom Herman.

I thought it said six million?

Is being in the red good business too?

Is being in the red good business too?
    Pretty sure their $150M budget can handle it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information