Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at James Madison

Default Re: Louisiana at James Madison

What tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We play TSU on Sunday afternoon in Blackham at 4 PM, not on Thursday. They are likely the best team in this tournament. Shipley family will be honored before game with HOF ceremony reanacted. As far as today goes, there is some significance despite the opponent being in a down year. It was a non-conference road win. I don't think we had any of those the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    What tournament?
    Cajuns,Delaware state,jmu and Texas southern I believe are all in a "tournament" but it's not at 1 site.

Fun team to watch. Haven't always been able to say that about marlins teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Cajuns,Delaware state,jmu and Texas southern I believe are all in a "tournament" but it's not at 1 site.
    That is correct. Rice and Montana State are also in the tournament. Every team plays four of the other five squads. Rice is the one we don't play. TSU beat them handily earlier. The tournament committee decided on who plays at home and who travels. However, Montana State gets three of their four games at home. I believe they bought one of the games in order to do so. Big advantage for them with the altitude situation. Normally you would think we would have preferred to have James Madison at home vs Delaware State or Texas Southern simply because of their name. As it turns out James Madison looks like they will have a down year. Therefore, the Texas Southern game on Sunday may be a good one to have at home as they are quality club This is an exempt tournament. That basically means you get to play games beyond the 29 regular season contests normally allowed. That is how we will end up playing 31 games.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Fun team to watch. Haven't always been able to say that about marlins teams.
    Cajuns are more athletic than in the past despite all the freshman. That makes them more enjoyable to watch. Also, Frank Bartley could be a star in this league. Having an impact player who is also an upstanding guy always helps draw interest. Of the last four games, the only one he did not have over 20 was Panhandle State and that is because he played limited minutes that night. Appears he is a difference maker. No one would have thought a guy who averaged 4 ppg in his previous stop would become the key guy but it appears that is what has occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is correct. Rice and Montana State are also in the tournament. Every team plays four of the other five squads. Rice is the one we don't play. TSU beat them handily earlier. The tournament committee decided on who plays at home and who travels. However, Montana State gets three of their four games at home. I believe they bought one of the games in order to do so. Big advantage for them with the altitude situation. Normally you would think we would have preferred to have James Madison at home vs Delaware State or Texas Southern simply because of their name. As it turns out James Madison looks like they will have a down year. Therefore, the Texas Southern game on Sunday may be a good one to have at home as they are quality club This is an exempt tournament. That basically means you get to play games beyond the 29 regular season contests normally allowed. That is how we will end up playing 31 games.
    Texas Southern looks like the toughest team at this point.wish the game was at 5 or 6 instead of 4

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Bartley looked superb. HArdy looks like he will be a player as well. Miller has good footwork in the post. I think we need to shore up the inside defense but thats too be expected with a slightly undersized team. Lots to like today.

Default Re: PREVIEW: Louisiana at James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Frank Bartley is the MAN! I regret giving him grief for a weak play earlier in the year vs. West Florida.I was wrong.
    You were a tad hasty

9. Default Re: Louisiana at James Madison

Who ever said JMU is terrible is mistaken. They are a capable team. Cajuns played well today. This will end up being a nice win by seasons end.

10. Default Re: Louisiana at James Madison

I subscribe to you're your record. Right now they're 0/6. At one point A-ST was 0/4 in football. Time will tell on JMU.

I'd rather we be good than them terrible.

If we can just hold it together. We will go through some growing pains we are young but the present looks competitive and the future is bright with the three transfers and the new recruit. Maybe we are turning it around.

Jay Walker wrote that the Cajuns were on their way to their biggest non conference road win the Bob Marlin era. Beating a team who is now 0-6 doesn't seem that impressive? How about the road win against La Tech a few years ago?

13. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana at James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Jay Walker wrote that the Cajuns were on their way to their biggest non conference road win the Bob Marlin era. Beating a team who is now 0-6 doesn't seem that impressive? How about the road win against La Tech a few years ago?
    Yeah, I gotta go with your rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Did he mean margin of victory maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Did he mean margin of victory maybe?
    He probably meant margin of victory. Maybe not, by my recollection it is the only true non conference road win since then. We did have a neutral court win in Las Vegas a couple of years ago. Still, I think this team is capable of picking up a couple of more of those before we start conference play. Once you win that first road game, it takes a mental block away.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information