Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fourth Down Conversion Failures Plague UL at Georgia

1. UL Football Fourth Down Conversion Failures Plague UL at Georgia

ATHENS, Ga. — Three times in their 35-21 loss at Georgia on Saturday, UL went for it on fourth down.

Three times, the Ragin’ Cajuns failed to convert.

Default Re: Fourth Down Conversion Failures Plague UL at Georgia

Running a 4th and one play 3 yards behind center turns it into 4th and 4, can they not run a play under center?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Running a 4th and one play 3 yards behind center turns it into 4th and 4, can they not run a play under center?
    No

45 yard field goal into a strong win.

Anyone know why we changed holders on field goals and PATs 9 games in. I don't recall any bobbles or bad holds in past games.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I wished he would of given Ray a shot on a couple of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I wished he would of given Ray a shot on a couple of those.
    Me too! It's not like AJ wasn't turning the ball over. I felt he should have put Ray in on the very next series just to build up his confidence. Ray was moving the ball for the most part. I will say this, he did miss one read early in the game that if he would have kept it he would have ran for 6. He recognized his mistake immediately after giving the ball to Eli.

On our first 4th down attempt AJ missed a wide open Haggins up the middle. AJ was running to his left but Haggins was streaking up field with no one in sight. That could have been 6 right there too.

One more woulda, coulda, shoulda.on a 3rd and 11 in the 3rd quarter, AJ got flushed and had Riles so wide open running a post route that had he even looked his way and made the pass it would have resulted in 6. I guess that's life.

Fusiliers catch was fantastic. He was a main part of our off the last
    2 years.
    What happened????
    Know he is a natural slot but has sure hands.
    CC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    2 years.
    What happened????
    CC
    He was huge his freshman year thats for sure. Not sure but they just haven't looked his way lately. He has had some big drops of the past two years but not enough to stop feeding him the ball. I heard that he had an excellent on the field relationship with that QB who transferred out after the Spring.not Brooks but the other white kid built like Brad McGuire. Not suggesting that's why he looks have reduced.

11. Default Re: Fourth Down Conversion Failures Plague UL at Georgia

As I always say, if you KNOW you would be willing to go for it on 4th down . play (call plays) like you only have two downs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection View Post
    2 years.
    What happened????
    CC
    Fuse is the most misused person on that team IBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Fuse is the most misused person on that team IBO.

Fuse will be in Rebowe-land next yearbank it

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    As I always say, if you KNOW you would be willing to go for it on 4th down . play (call plays) like you only have two downs.
    After watching this team all year I would sum it up in 2 wordsNo Discipline! No Discipline on the offensive line with tons of holding and false start penalties and No Discipline in the locker room. Also, poor play calling and poor recruitingIs it baseball season yet??

15. Default Re: Fourth Down Conversion Failures Plague UL at Georgia

My personal opinion is to go from the under center snap in this situation snap---It presents the possibility of the QB sneak and still allows the same assortment of options as the deep snap such as back handoffs and QB plays---there is another component in the QB sneak choice which is the new ruling of the push behind which can be used a big qb sneaking and a big back pushing him in the end zone from the back----I remember against Tulane one year Stokley put Louis Age in a RB formation to block---just thinking what he could have done from the back!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information