Thread: In Search of That Signature Win

1. UL Football In Search of That Signature Win

It was earlier this season, shortly after another in a string of upcoming games against big-name opponents had been announced.

That particular time, it was Arizona State. Previously, it was two games against Mississippi State and one at Ole Miss. Later, it would be one at Alabama. A trip to Texas A&M also is on the list of future schedules.

Default Re: In Search of That Signature Win

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    It was earlier this season, shortly after another in a string of upcoming games against big-name opponents had been announced.

That particular time, it was Arizona State. Previously, it was two games against Mississippi State and one at Ole Miss. Later, it would be one at Alabama. A trip to Texas A&M also is on the list of future schedules.

Since when is Miss State not a Power 5 program in the SEC? And, oddly enough, he doesn't mention the near win at Florida. But, why is it an either/or scenario - would you rather have a P5 win or a winning season? How about both? If we are good enough to beat a P5 team, we should be good enough to have a winning season. And, how about winning an outright conference championship, something we haven't done in decades. Yet, a school like Ark State can have 4 HC in 5 years and still win championships. Time to quit settling for mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Since when is Miss State not a Power 5 program in the SEC? And, oddly enough, he doesn't mention the near win at Florida. But, why is it an either/or scenario - would you rather have a P5 win or a winning season? How about both? If we are good enough to beat a P5 team, we should be good enough to have a winning season. And, how about winning an outright conference championship, something we haven't done in decades. Yet, a school like Ark State can have 4 HC in 5 years and still win championships. Time to quit settling for mediocrity.
    He's saying San Diego St is not a Power 5 team.

"The Jaguars upset Mississippi State in their season opener, and — although they’re not a Power 5 program — also knocked off then-nationally ranked San Diego State earlier this season."

I can promise you after Saturday Coach Hud will still be searching for that signature win.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    He's saying San Diego St is not a Power 5 team.

"The Jaguars upset Mississippi State in their season opener, and — although they’re not a Power 5 program — also knocked off then-nationally ranked San Diego State earlier this season."
    Reading comprehension not his strong point.

I'm just resigned to the fact that it's not going to happen for us. Ever. These are things that we see happen all the time for others,but it just seems to not work out for us.

Accepting that has made my approach to this weekend blissfully tranquil. I'm at peace with it.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by AstroCajun View Post
    I'm just resigned to the fact that it's not going to happen for us. Ever. These are things that we see happen all the time for others,but it just seems to not work out for us.

Accepting that has made my approach to this weekend blissfully tranquil. I'm at peace with it.
    I was once told a saying that more times than not, I find myself repeating. "Expect the worst, be surprised if it's not."

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I can understand Hud downplaying the importance of beating Georgia (or any P5) pregame. My hope is that he starts doing what it takes to beat a P5. If we can "open up our offense" in game 9 in a given year. we can do it anytime. We have been needing to open up our offense in all games. so that we can be ready to do it against tougher opponents. It doesn't just Saturday practice itself into functioning.

I wonder how Hud is going to act when he does beat a P5? I absolutely (regardless of the likelihood) guarantee that if he does beat Georgia. he is not going to act like he just beat Georgia Southern. He's going to use it as a rally cry. And he's going to talk about it to recruits. And he should. But he also should downplay the significance of it before it happens.

Buckley has had 2 articles on football everyday this season until recently now just 1. Now 2 or 3 lsuambr everyday. Is this the advertisers punishment for the video and response?

I wonder how Hud is going to act when he does beat a P5?
    Strippers and blow??

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Strippers and blow??
    I know that's what I'm going to do. J/K - as if I had to add that.

Well we gonna still be searching for one. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post

Well Said!!! This goes the same for basketball. One NCAA appearance in 6 years is unacceptable!!!!

Thread Information