Thread: Furious Comeback Falls Short At Montana State, 84-83

1. Default Furious Comeback Falls Short At Montana State, 84-83

Joe Mvuezolo hit a pair of go-ahead free throws with 2.1 seconds remaining and Montana State withstood a furious second-half comeback by the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns to claim a wild 84-83 victory on Monday at Worthington Arena.

Default Re: Furious Comeback Falls Short At Montana State, 84-83

Bartley was a beast.

3. UL Basketball Re: Furious Comeback Falls Short At Montana State, 84-83

Apparently nobody was a beast on defense. You should never lose when you score eighty plus points.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post

Joe Mvuezolo hit a pair of go-ahead free throws with 2.1 seconds remaining and Montana State withstood a furious second-half comeback by the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns to claim a wild 84-83 victory on Monday at Worthington Arena.
    WOW! I did not know Montana had a basketball team! Way to go Mob Barlin!

Montana's arena strikingly resembles blackham colisuem

For those that didn't watch

I thought the team played well. They could have shut it down a few times bought fought back. Bartley and Washington look to be really fun to watch. At the end of the game Stove scored at will. Was kind of wondering why he didn't do that all game.

Free throws killed us. Refs called it extremely tight all game and we missed 13 free throws IN THE SECOND HALF.

The 3's quit falling in the 2nd half as well. tough loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    Montana's arena strikingly resembles blackham colisuem
    No it doesn't. That arena was much nicer.

Edit: I see what you did there.

Same old, same old. Players miss 20 free throws and lose by 1. Amazing. FREE throws are FREE!!! If only ole Bob could recruit a player who could put the ball in the basket.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Same old, same old. Players miss 20 free throws and lose by 1. Amazing. FREE throws are FREE!!! If only ole Bob could recruit a player who could put the ball in the basket.
    We were 2nd in the conference in FT% last year, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    For those that didn't watch

I thought the team played well. They could have shut it down a few times bought fought back. Bartley and Washington look to be really fun to watch. At the end of the game Stove scored at will. Was kind of wondering why he didn't do that all game.

Free throws killed us. Refs called it extremely tight all game and we missed 13 free throws IN THE SECOND HALF.

The 3's quit falling in the 2nd half as well. tough loss.
    I watched the game online as well and can make a few observations. First of all, Montana State has been a Big Sky conference team for years and that is one of many mid major leagues. That being said, I thought they were an OK team but not great. I believe Cajuns would have won this game by double figures at home as altitude was a huge factor in the second half. Tired legs were obvious on free throw and regular shots in the second half. Bartley was a stud all night and his experience at BYU may have allowed him to weather the altitude situation better than others. I give the guys credit for not quitting and making a great comeback. Cajun Express is right in that too many points were allowed and I credit that somewhat due to failure to secure enough defensive rebounds. In fact, if they garner one with five seconds to go they pull it out. Not being able to garner one led to a scramble for a loose ball in which Bartley was called for the foul. Bartley was likely fouled on the last shot but don't expect a call there. Still, officials called an overall good game and that is not the reason for the defeat. Getting behind by double figures was the reason for the defeat. One issue that has been a negative for years reared it's ugly head again last night and that was the trouble of finishing shots at the goal. The entire team had than problem and I thought Washington and Miller both struggled in that regard. While the loss is disappointing, there were some positives that the team can build on going forward.

Thread Information