Thread: Panel calls for sweeping change

1. Default Panel calls for sweeping change

Panel calls for sweeping change
    The rest of the story

2. Default Re: Panel calls for sweeping change

Well I hope we don't get the short end with the enrollment factor---I just do not trust these guys---I can see Tech getting more money with less students and we having more students losing money---AND just what we need in this time of financial need----Throw more money at the Black schools---how about closing under performing schools????? If one of the criteria is graduation----why not lower the grading and get more graduates and ergo more money????

Default Re: Panel calls for sweeping change

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    _ Well I hope we don't get the short end with the enrollment factor---I just do not trust these guys---I can see Tech getting more money with less students and we having more students losing money---AND just what we need in this time of financial need----Throw more money at the Black schools---how about closing under performing schools????? If one of the criteria is graduation----why not lower the grading and get more graduates and ergo more money???? _

If under a single board, I would like to see 3 universities named as the top schools in Louisiana, LSU, UL, and LA Tech (possibly UNO). All other schools would be either feeder (4 year) universities with no Masters or PhD programs or made campuses of those schools. Some would be made JCs and others closed. Get rid of the duplication and waste and focus on achieving excellence in select universities that have already exhibited such in academic, research, and endowment areas.

Default Re: Panel calls for sweeping change

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ If under a single board, I would like to see 3 universities named as the top schools in Louisiana, LSU, UL, and LA Tech (possibly UNO). All other schools would be either feeder (4 year) universities with no Masters or PhD programs or made campuses of those schools. Some would be made JCs and others closed. Get rid of the duplication and waste and focus on achieving excellence in select universities that have already exhibited such in academic, research, and endowment areas. _
    It's a lot of hot air. That board is a bunch of gutless wonders who, even by some stroke of luck would actually do the right thing and recommend some of the bottom feeding schools to close, are backed up by another group of gutless wonders (the legislature) that couldn't possibly do the right thing and follow through on the recommendation.

Instead, we'll continue to fund schools that should have ben shuttered years ago while trying to fight as best we can the completely obvious power grab by the land grant school in br. The result? Kicking the can down the road.

I doubt they'll be anything of substance that gets done on these recommendations.

Thread Information