Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hudspeth happy with QB Jennings, but Davis may play soon

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Hudspeth happy with QB Jennings, but Davis may play soon

This is the BS quote of this article. “We’ve got to take out what we’re not doing a good job of. And we’re fixing’ to minimize those things, and reduce some things and try to get a little better at some of the things we are good at and try to focus on those things moving forward.”

What exactly are we doing well offensively? If we minimize what we're doing poorly. we'll have nothing left.

It's quite the opposite Hud. You have virtually nothing good happening offensively. The only times something works is when you're playing a ____ty defense. That means nothing. I'd run the ball up the middle every time too if I was playing 10 year olds.

You have already minimized. What you need to do is maximize. You need to work on the things that need to work. and keep doing them. regardless of failing while trying. You talked about spreading it so far that it would drop off the edge of the bread. You aren't even trying the spread. You are walking a narrow tight rope that you feel comfortable with. It's the cause of the failure. Every game it seems like you narrow the choices. give defenses less to worry about. and become even less effective.

Do the opposite of what comes to your mind Hud. That's how lost I believe you are. It's easy to babble about what you think should be working. It isn't. Have Jennings or Davis throw into the exact areas of the field where you're the most concerned about INTs. I want them to take risk after risk until they crack the code. It will happen if you get the F out of the way.

Watch the defense. They'll tell you what makes their ___ pucker. And no defense that ever plays us ever has a single worry in the world. Make them squirm by doing things that cause defenses to squirm. I'm tired of every crappy defense having a good time playing us. Do not minimalize. Maximize! Spread the field vertically. MAKE those big uglies buy enough time for medium to long passes. There's ways of doing it even with big slow fat linemen. DO IT! Keep working it until it works. But leave Eli on the damn sidelines. If he isn't 100%, he isn't better than your alternatives.

If Dion isn't going to be a QB. start giving him a couple of RB touches. If he won't do it. kick his ___ off the team. But whatever you do. start throwing the ball all around the field. Do it whether it works or not. We will forgive you for being dangerous and losing. But if you stay with predictable and losing. you are going to get run out of Lafayette harder than you can ever imagine. The biggest rock stars fall the hardest when they fall. Change your ways. or get ready for the fall.

In terms of RB, I dont understand why Wright is not getting more touches. Also, is Calais hurt again? He did not touch the field against Idaho.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    This is the BS quote of this article. “We’ve got to take out what we’re not doing a good job of. And we’re fixing’ to minimize those things, and reduce some things and try to get a little better at some of the things we are good at and try to focus on those things moving forward.”

What exactly are we doing well offensively? If we minimize what we're doing poorly. we'll have nothing left.

It's quite the opposite Hud. You have virtually nothing good happening offensively. The only times something works is when you're playing a ____ty defense. That means nothing. I'd run the ball up the middle every time too if I was playing 10 year olds.

You have already minimized. What you need to do is maximize. You need to work on the things that need to work. and keep doing them. regardless of failing while trying. You talked about spreading it so far that it would drop off the edge of the bread. You aren't even trying the spread. You are walking a narrow tight rope that you feel comfortable with. It's the cause of the failure. Every game it seems like you narrow the choices. give defenses less to worry about. and become even less effective.

Do the opposite of what comes to your mind Hud. That's how lost I believe you are. It's easy to babble about what you think should be working. It isn't. Have Jennings or Davis throw into the exact areas of the field where you're the most concerned about INTs. I want them to take risk after risk until they crack the code. It will happen if you get the F out of the way.

Watch the defense. They'll tell you what makes their ___ pucker. And no defense that ever plays us ever has a single worry in the world. Make them squirm by doing things that cause defenses to squirm. I'm tired of every crappy defense having a good time playing us. Do not minimalize. Maximize! Spread the field vertically. MAKE those big uglies buy enough time for medium to long passes. There's ways of doing it even with big slow fat linemen. DO IT! Keep working it until it works. But leave Eli on the damn sidelines. If he isn't 100%, he isn't better than your alternatives.

If Dion isn't going to be a QB. start giving him a couple of RB touches. If he won't do it. kick his ___ off the team. But whatever you do. start throwing the ball all around the field. Do it whether it works or not. We will forgive you for being dangerous and losing. But if you stay with predictable and losing. you are going to get run out of Lafayette harder than you can ever imagine. The biggest rock stars fall the hardest when they fall. Change your ways. or get ready for the fall.
    We punt and cover well. Maybe we get a turnover in field goal range

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    In terms of RB, I dont understand why Wright is not getting more touches. Also, is Calais hurt again? He did not touch the field against Idaho.
    Either let McGuire rest and heal or use him in the slot and as a decoy in motion, let Wright and other backs take the bulk of the load carries. McGuire couldn't he healthy after 3 games in 34 days but he will be healthy in 5 days? HUD just doesn't make any sense the way he is handling this, McGuire is one of if not the best WR on the team.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Either let McGuire rest and heal or use him in the slot and as a decoy in motion, let Wright and other backs take the bulk of the load carries. McGuire couldn't he healthy after 3 games in 34 days but he will be healthy in 5 days? HUD just doesn't make any sense the way he is handling this, McGuire is one of if not the best WR on the team.
    If Hudspeth gives a damn about anyone but himself, he'll let Davis play, sit McGuire in preparation for him to heal up and make a run at an NFL roster, and let younger players get their feet wet.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If Hudspeth gives a damn about anyone but himself, he'll let Davis play, sit McGuire in preparation for him to heal up and make a run at an NFL roster, and let younger players get their feet wet.
    All of this.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Exactly.

You know damn well thats not gonna happen

9. Default Re: Hudspeth happy with QB Jennings, but Davis may play soon

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    You know damn well thats not gonna happen
    *see my first few words

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Damn. Hud may not have read this. but he got the message somehow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information