Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Maybe a red herring to take everyone's mind off of the football record?
    They would have to do a lot better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    They would have to do a lot better than this.
    They should also announce they have authorized overtime work in order to finish the Tigue for the first home game. That would work for me

3. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I agree but maybe they chose ulm because they knew UL wouldn't fly and now that LA is ok they might do the same
    I'm thinking not, because the nickname Louisiana has been used exclusively for over a decade. ULM dropped that effort after a brief stint a dozen years ago.

LA is just short for the nickname so it's actually a continuum of the past.

Thats funny because we just went through a social media re-branding to move towards branding ourselves as "Ragin Cajuns".

Our football program is in the toilet. Farmer screwed up the Tigue. It is very interesting timing here.

See emails attached.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Yep, lets rebrand the Monday after we lose to Idaho.
    Lol.oh my.

Quote Originally Posted by bmverret View Post
    Thats funny because we just went through a social media re-branding to move towards branding ourselves as "Ragin Cajuns".

Our football program is in the toilet. Farmer screwed up the Tigue. It is very interesting timing here.

See emails attached.
    Actually been wondering when they'd do that. Been needed since some sports don't have certain pages and are all branded differently. Only thing is none of the changes have been enacted yet. Let me see if any of the twitter handles they want are free so I can go squat on them and leverage for free stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bmverret View Post

See emails attached.
    Had this announcement been attached to the purchase of video production equipment, we would have something to celebrate. The reproduction of your athletic events would be the first place to begin the "LA" abbreviation campaign.

hope they don't "accidentally" merge LA and Ragin' Cajuns, and we become the LARCs, although I guess it could be worse

LARC
    Landing Amphibious Recovery Crafts

this could be cool, and have whole teams ride in to stadium (fitting complement to swamp)

10. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

I've done some digging and asked people that would know.
    This is the real deal. Savoie is 100% behind this, and I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but he even confronted Bruno, politely, and let him know that we were going this route with the name game.

From what I understand, all of the important sources are either on board, or being courted right now, including ESPN and AP. The league office has agreed to abide by our requests as well.

The distraction thing might be plausible, but who cares. This is important. A lasting brand, even though it takes a decade to repair, its much more important than a loss to Idaho.

The one thing that I wasn't able to get an answer on was if 'UL' would be going away. For example, would we be getting rid of our baseball hats and going with 'LA' on them.

But, I would hope that past failures will lead this Admin to make this change correctly this time. Faculty, coaches, players, SGA, Frat/sorority, etc all need to be notified, in a very obvious way, of what the plan is going forward. It's Louisiana and LA. Everyone has to be on the same page. That will make the transition easier, quicker and more effective.

I'm pretty stoked about this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I've done some digging and asked people that would know.
    This is the real deal. Savoie is 100% behind this, and I hope this doesn't step on anyone's toes, but he even confronted Bruno, politely, and let him know that we were going this route with the name game.

From what I understand, all of the important sources are either on board, or being courted right now, including ESPN and AP. The league office has agreed to abide by our requests as well.

The distraction thing might be plausible, but who cares. This is important. A lasting brand, even though it takes a decade to repair, its much more important than a loss to Idaho.

The one thing that I wasn't able to get an answer on was if 'UL' would be going away. For example, would we be getting rid of our baseball hats and going with 'LA' on them.

But, I would hope that past failures will lead this Admin to make this change correctly this time. Faculty, coaches, players, SGA, Frat/sorority, etc all need to be notified, in a very obvious way, of what the plan is going forward. It's Louisiana and LA. Everyone has to be on the same page. That will make the transition easier, quicker and more effective.

I'm pretty stoked about this.
    You are easily stoked and poked!

12. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    You are easily stoked and poked!
    Nah, not really. I'm actually pretty pessimistic and cynical

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Had this announcement been attached to the purchase of video production equipment, we would have something to celebrate. The reproduction of your athletic events would be the first place to begin the "LA" abbreviation campaign.
    My initial thoughts:

1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

So do you pronounce it "elaye" or "lah"?

T-shirts

Front:

WE ARE LOUISIANA

Back:

FORGET U

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 . LastLast

Thread Information