Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

So is there gonna be an official announcement or press release or anything like that??

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    So is there gonna be an official announcement or press release or anything like that??
    This thread doesnt do that?

3. Alumni Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots.LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana
    You overlooked UL or UofL which 99.99% would identify with Louisville. LA won't be nearly as confusing. If they added this LA. It would be clear LA. we already use a - in the last La would of course be best of all.

Dear UL administration,

I went to the DMV yesterday to obtain a plate for our project car. My last purchase, I gladly paid the $100 fee to obtain a plate with "UL Ragin' Cajuns" and the fleur de lies on it, and supported our university.

Today's version had the generic "Louisiana" at the top with Ragin' Cajuns at the bottom, and the ever popular hot wheels logo on it. I understand the inmates no longer make embossed plates and all are now generically flat. WHY CHANGE THE DESIGN???

With the generic "Louisiana" on all state plates, the message WE as supporters want to see is NOT there. Sorry, you guys missed another "minor" $150.00 (yes, it went up). It honestly saddened me not to buy it, but message is watered down or actually not there, much like your crawfish job vs ULM a few years back.

Besides doing a press release, please grow a set and stand firm.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; November 8th, 2016 at 08:18 am. Reason: Hope they also followed up with a call to Bristol

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dear UL administration,

I went to the DMV yesterday to obtain a plate for our project car. My last purchase, I gladly paid the $100 fee to obtain a plate with "UL Ragin' Cajuns" and the fleur de lies on it, and supported our university.

Today's version had the generic "Louisiana" at the top with Ragin' Cajuns at the bottom, and the ever popular hot wheels logo on it. I understand the inmates no longer make embossed plates and all are now generically flat. WHY CHANGE THE DESIGN???

With the generic "Louisiana" on all state plates, the message WE as supporters want to see is NOT there. Sorry, you guys missed another "minor" $150.00 (yes, it went up). It honestly saddened me not to buy it, but message is watered down or actually not there, much like your crawfish job vs ULM a few years back.

Get in touch with Jim Harris about this. He will listen to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    My initial thoughts:

1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    This has been done
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    This has been done
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    This is being done
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    From what I've been told, expect a lot more FDL.
    This supposed to be retroactive to Nov. 1. Just checked the Sun Belt Conference website. We are still UL Lafayette. Maybe just not enough time yet for the website correction. I will be curious to see how other SBC teams refer to us now. I would expect (hope) that Benson will put out a News Release in that regard to conference members and to the Media. This needs major Media attention. It will also be interesting to see how newspapers in Louisiana refer to us going forward.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    This supposed to be retroactive to Nov. 1. Just checked the Sun Belt Conference website. We are still UL Lafayette. Maybe just not enough time yet for the website correction. I will be curious to see how other SBC teams refer to us now. I would expect (hope) that Benson will put out a News Release in that regard to conference members and to the Media. This needs major Media attention. It will also be interesting to see how newspapers in Louisiana refer to us going forward.
    You know the biggest battle will be in the state of LA. I'm told that ESPN seems to be onboard and the AP is in talks with us. Get those guys on the same page and everyone else will follow.

You know me enough to know that my confidence level with our suits is not very high But I believe this time, it's the real deal.

You know the biggest battle will be in the state of LA. I'm told that ESPN seems to be onboard and the AP is in talks with us. Get those guys on the same page and everyone else will follow.

You know me enough to know that my confidence level with our suits is not very high But I believe this time, it's the real deal.
    I don't doubt that this is real. T-Joe and Farmer see how many supporters and how much money they are losing by not doing anything proactive with regard to the Alden Report. This is something they can do for almost no money or effort. When they do something real, like buy production equipment or separate RCAF or hire someone like IMG to handle marketing and branding, let me know.

The thing is, if we're selling the other parties on this because of ease of use, or less confusing, etc, wouldn't it defeat the purpose to have UL on the hats, and LA on the screen? Idk, just seems odd to me.
    I don't know that it would be confusing. Look at other school examples. Their ticker and logo do not match.

Louisville - uses U of L and an Old English L as their logos, but the ticker says Lou.
    Nebraska - uses N as their logo, but ticker says Neb.
    Michigan - uses M as their logo, but ticker says Mich.
    Tennessee - uses T as their logo, but ticker says Tenn.

We haven't defined what we are using for our logo, only our team name, LOUISIANA, and ticker reference, LA.

Let's compare us to Texas:

1. TEXAS (University of Texas at Austin)
    2. Longhorns
    3. "T" or "UT"
    4. Tex (ticker)

Here are the things we should use.

1. LOUISIANA (University of Louisiana at Lafayette)
    2. Fleur de Lis
    3. UL (see below)
    4. LA (ticker)

Use of UL without the city tag is illegal, which is why we went with LA instead of UL. However, look at the logo below with a UL and the state of Louisiana shadow. It is legal. It has the L for Lafayette and the state for Louisiana. Technically, it says ULL. Visually, it says UL. And the state shadow clearly distinguishes it from Louisville. And, since we are emphasizing the FDL, it is on the logo where the city of Lafayette is located within the state. A simple, clear, comprehensive UL logo (with or without the Ragin Cajuns).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The FDL looks closer to False River/BR than Lafayette. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    The FDL looks closer to False River/BR than Lafayette. Just saying.
    It can be moved. Is that your only take on the logo?

My take: It looks incredibly dated. This looks like something designed in the 50s or 60s. It is retro in a not so good way.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    It can be moved. Is that your only take on the logo?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dear UL administration,

But the plates actually say "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns" now. Isn't that good?

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I don't doubt that this is real. T-Joe and Farmer see how many supporters and how much money they are losing by not doing anything proactive with regard to the Alden Report. This is something they can do for almost no money or effort. When they do something real, like buy production equipment or separate RCAF or hire someone like IMG to handle marketing and branding, let me know.
    I don't know if we'll ever see Dr. Savoie actually allow RCAF separation, but I do believe we'll see the Alden Report recommendations being done. It will just be at Doc's own pace, which is glacial, but better than Authement's, which was non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I don't know if we'll ever see Dr. Savoie actually allow RCAF separation, but I do believe we'll see the Alden Report recommendations being done. It will just be at Doc's own pace, which is glacial, but better than Authement's, which was non-existent.
    The questions will be done by whom? If it's attempted by the same incompetent people that are in place now, the results are inevitable.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information