Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

1. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    My initial thoughts:

1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    My initial thoughts:

1. Very positive move in branding us as LOUISIANA and LA.
    2. We should NOT be telling anyone what NOT TO CALL US, only our preferred name.
    3. Dr. S needs to make sure that Bruno at ULM is aware of this and will not contest our use. That is important in getting the Sun Belt Conference to immediately begin calling us LOUISIANA.
    This has been done
    4. Dr. S needs to contact Benson at the SBC and demand our immediate recognition as LOUISIANA. Doubtful any other media will follow our request if our conference won't.
    This has been done
    5. We need to quit using Ragin Cajuns ONLY and start using LOUISIANA. Need to tie-in our moniker with our name.
    This is being done
    6. We now need to clean-up our logos using school colors and getting rid of the orange/yellow flames. See images below for examples.
    From what I've been told, expect a lot more FDL.

Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Well I for one hope we keep UL on the baseball unis and what not. I hope this (LA) is for the ticker on broadcasts and conference standings when abr's need to be used.

3. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Well I for one hope we keep UL on the baseball unis and what not. I hope this (LA) is for the ticker on broadcasts and conference standings when abr's need to be used.
    The thing is, if we're selling the other parties on this because of ease of use, or less confusing, etc, wouldn't it defeat the purpose to have UL on the hats, and LA on the screen? Idk, just seems odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    The thing is, if we're selling the other parties on this because of ease of use, or less confusing, etc, wouldn't it defeat the purpose to have UL on the hats, and LA on the screen? Idk, just seems odd to me.
    It would most definitely defeat the purpose and I'm very intrigued to see what unfolds. I for one would be fine with a 100% complete switch to Louisiana/LA but it would most definitely be bitter sweet.

I'm also schocked this story hasn't received more traction on Ragin Pagin...it's a big deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It would most definitely defeat the purpose and I'm very intrigued to see what unfolds. I for one would be fine with a 100% complete switch to Louisiana/LA but it would most definitely be bitter sweet.

I'm also schocked this story hasn't received more traction on Ragin Pagin...it's a big deal!
    Too much other stuff going on (Tigue, crappy football, 11am kickoffs)

6. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post

A few minutes ago, there were 271 people viewing this thread. It's a big deal.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

LA stands for Los Angeles to 99.9% of the people in this country. How in the world anyone thinks this will help our branding is beyond me. It'll make things even more confusing than they are today.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    A few minutes ago, there were 271 people viewing this thread. It's a big deal.
    Thats the right number tomorrow!!!

9. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

This is HUGE!

10. Default Cajuns Clarify Branding Standards for Athletics

Cajuns get concise on what they are to be called when athletics are involved

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    LA stands for Los Angeles to 99.9% of the people in this country. How in the world anyone thinks this will help our branding is beyond me. It'll make things even more confusing than they are today.
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots...LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana

I can see the headline now, noone in an entire state receives mail, causes massive backlog at hollywood postal branch office,excess mail tossed into ocean, peta not happy

Why not just call yourself L-for losers. Rebrand all you want but until you put a respectable non cheating product on the field no one outside of lafayette will really care. You cheated your way into bowl games and still refuse to accept the fact that you didn't win them. Why can't usl fans be proud of what you are and stop trying to be something you are not nor will ever be. You are as of right now the worst football program in the state excluding southern and grambling. Please don't embarrass the state anymore by putting LOUISIANA on you uniforms-You will never get my respect until you respect yourself and stop this nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post

Let's see how well this works...
    Lmao.

15. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Whuh? The Los Angeles Ragin Cajuns? What does UL-LAF,UL-L,UofL@L,Lou-laf mean to everyone? What does UT mean to most? Does that hurt Tennessee? USC?doesnt hurt South Carolina. If people can't correlate LA with Louisiana Ragin Cajuns then we can't help those idiots...LA, you know the actual abreviation of the state of Louisiana
    "LA" on every State road sign, and every letter and package coming or going in and out of Louisiana.

LA is not confused with L.A.

jmo

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information