Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

This is just an attempt to get ragin pagin focus off of the putrid offense and the fact that HUD has never recruited and developed a high school QB into a starter in six years. Don't take the bait stick to what matters.

So how many times have we "rebranded" in the past 9-10 years now??

I'm not sure what the driving factor is with coming out with this now, but if were a meaningful, enforceable change, of course it would be great. We will see, we all know it is totally dependent on what our Admin (T-Joe) does to market this brand and protect it. Can't get our hopes up, could be another misfire.

4. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Actually this is important. It will probably end up being the first shots fired in a statewide battle, but by the Univerosty officially having a stance, it shows that their confident in the name usage, the legality and the purpose behind it. As dumb as our admin can be, they're not dumb enough to misunderstand that this will come with scrutiny.

I'm happy that this is coming before baseball season, when our team will be plastered all over the college baseball world.

Key take away, "initial mention: Louisiana".

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So how many times have we "rebranded" in the past 9-10 years now??
    True, but the important thing is that they finally got it right.

There are a myriad of reasons to be upset right now. This isn't one of them. This is a good thing, a VERY good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Actually this is important. It will probably end up being the first shots fired in a statewide battle, but by the Univerosty officially having a stance, it shows that their confident in the name usage, the legality and the purpose behind it. As dumb as our admin can be, they're not dumb enough to misunderstand that this will come with scrutiny.

I'm happy that this is coming before baseball season, when our team will be plastered all over the college baseball world.

We really need ESPN and the AP on board, other state schools and other media outlets in the state will be the last ones to call us this and you are right will fight back. We just have to figure out how to get the ESPNs and APs not to cave.

well said

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    We really need ESPN and the AP on board, other state schools and other media outlets in the state will be the last ones to call us this and you are right will fight back. We just have to figure out how to get the ESPNs and APs not to cave.
    I don't know for sure, but knowing the folks that they've been consulting with, I have to believe the AP and ESPN are being courted on this.

9. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

As long as you are still in business good marketing is never too late, even when it is 16+ years in the making.

"LA"

Great Move!

Necessary move!

Clears up a ton of confusion.

I don't know for sure, but knowing the folks that they've been consulting with, I have to believe the AP and ESPN are being courted on this.
    This will be huge if true, let's just hope they do not cave when the push back begins (because it will)

11. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Both "Louisiana" and "LA" are nicknames nothing more and certainly nothing less.

I'm pumped! This is HUGE.

I will be pumped when our nutless president stands up to the conference and ULM. I am NOT holding my breath.

I guess im the fight song we say go L-A now

15. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post
    I guess im the fight song we say go L-A now
    We'll have to ask Boomer but remember no-hyphens.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information