Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: 2016: LA the new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Found a stream of the game online. It has Lafayette as the name.
    http://www.feed4u.me/watch/1775777/1.Minnesota.html

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post

Now if we could play like we're LA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Found a stream of the game online. It has Lafayette as the name.
    http://www.feed4u.me/watch/1775777/1.Minnesota.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    https://twitter.com/alex_faust/statu.54450082914304
    Probably gonna have to wait til next year to get any of this changes. I'm just happy things are getting changed and we are pushing this. Makes the waiting easier
    Interestingly, when UALR wanted to be known as Little Rock, it was immediately accepted by everyone. I wonder if anyone is following up with the media and conference on this or is it just a simple release and hope for the best? Why hasn't the SBC come on board if ULM is supposedly OK with it?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Interestingly, when UALR wanted to be known as Little Rock, it was immediately accepted by everyone. I wonder if anyone is following up with the media and conference on this or is it just a simple release and hope for the best? Why hasn't the SBC come on board if ULM is supposedly OK with it?
    How do you know ulm is okay with it? Not suprised espn isn't changing this immediately though

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    LA is just for ticket or stats, it's not to start calling us La over UL. In conversation it's still UL. Like Houstoncajun likes to compare us to Texas longhorns.they say Texas or UT, but for tickers and stats they have "Tex". No one walks around saying Tex.
    Yep. Well said

Looks like the Little Rock & UT Arlington
    websites have been updated to Louisiana for all sports and future schedules. Thanks to these conference partners.

Figured Little Rock would comply as everyone
    did for their request. Might take some time to get all conference members to changed over. I suspect some will not change unless the conference does, as they did for Little Rock.

With an official announcement from our President and Marketing Department, you would think the conference would comply as they did for Little Rock.

If they do not comply - ???

8. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    In conversation with non-LA people, I never use "UL, Cajuns, Ragin' Cajuns, or anything else. I exclusively use "Louisiana."
    ----So we do this and Monroe starts using UL----remember they had used Louisiana only after the name change----this whole thing just keeps going on and on because of the LSU desire to keep us from UL in 1984----We are such creatures of habit (I sometimes still say LSUNO and I hear others slip to USL just out of habit)----I drove a stick shift all last week and last night I was still trying to clutch with my left foot----the LA keeps away from the Louisville deal and the need to put the extra L after the UL with hyphen or anyway----and don't forget that some, because Lafayette starts with the letters "LA", they will just say Lafayette---Keep fighting on!!!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

So we do this and Monroe starts using UL

remember they had used Louisiana only after the name change

this whole thing just keeps going on and on because of the LSU desire to keep us from UL in 1984

We are such creatures of habit (I sometimes still say LSUNO and I hear others slip to USL just out of habit)

I drove a stick shift all last week and last night I was still trying to clutch with my left foot

the LA keeps away from the Louisville deal and the need to put the extra L after the UL with hyphen or anyway

and don't forget that some, because Lafayette starts with the letters "LA", they will just say Lafayette---Keep fighting on!!!

Well ULM can, like us, only use ULmoanrow. Can't use it anywhere except verbally amongst themselves.

Additionally they've been branding ULM for years. I don't think it's in their best interest to backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yep. Well said
    Yes. This. LA is for tickers/stats only.

By the way, we have never referenced/recommended UL in any former guidelines on name use. The goal is not to change the accepted reference of "UL" that is used casually but to require a ticker/stat abbreviation that aligns close with the university name without confusion to other universities.

From louisiana.edu:

Name: University of Louisiana at Lafayette®
    Academic Abbreviation: UL Lafayette
    Athletics Nickname: Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns®
    Athletics Shortened Names: Louisiana, Ragin' Cajuns, and Cajuns
    Athletics Abbreviation: LA (for score/stats listings only)

11. Default Re: LA - The new "official" abbreviation for stats, crawls, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ----So we do this and Monroe starts using UL----remember they had used Louisiana only after the name change----this whole thing just keeps going on and on because of the LSU desire to keep us from UL in 1984----We are such creatures of habit (I sometimes still say LSUNO and I hear others slip to USL just out of habit)----I drove a stick shift all last week and last night I was still trying to clutch with my left foot----the LA keeps away from the Louisville deal and the need to put the extra L after the UL with hyphen or anyway----and don't forget that some, because Lafayette starts with the letters "LA", they will just say Lafayette---Keep fighting on!!!
    Your trip made you paranoid.

If the Sunbelt Conference does not make these wholesale changes for the Cajuns to Louisiana and LA for abbreviation, then we will
    be stuck in the same situation.

How can you expect any media member to
    honor our request if our own Conference does not.

Within a few hours of Little Rock announcing
    their brand name change, the Conference
    and all other schools updated.

I don't see this happening for the Cajuns.

Still have issues here - I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ULouisiana View Post
    If the Sunbelt Conference does not make these wholesale changes for the Cajuns to Louisiana and LA for abbreviation, then we will
    be stuck in the same situation.

How can you expect any media member to
    honor our request if our own Conference does not.

Within a few hours of Little Rock announcing
    their brand name change, the Conference
    and all other schools updated.

I don't see this happening for the Cajuns.

Still have issues here - I believe.
    Yes, we do. A nutless president.

I had a ULM guy on Twitter harassing me about this today. With links to "laws" included. They keep saying we are illegal. But we aren't in any way shape or form. He was including Matt Sullivan in his tweets to me and an espn employee. Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    I had a ULM guy on Twitter harassing me about this today. With links to "laws" included. They keep saying we are illegal. But we aren't in any way shape or form. He was including Matt Sullivan in his tweets to me and an espn employee. Troll.
    Yeah it was my tweet lol blocked him. Easy as that

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information