Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hotels

Default Hotels

Well I guess we have to find a new hotel In Lafayette. Not only had the price gone up and the quality down at where we have always stayed, but there was a bug in the bath the window in the bath didn't lock and the beds were horrible. Keep in mind there are fast football weekends so we want to be near campus and reasonable since all we so is sleep in the room. Any ideas are appreciated

Default Re: Hotels

I thought raising the price and lowering expenses (especially when demand is up) is just good busines? Not to start the fabacher fiasco again, but if there are less places to park there it seems having a fee makes sense too. So is good business just applied sporadically, like the playoff selection criteria

Come on suggestions on Lafayette hotels

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    Come on suggestions on Lafayette hotels
    I don't often stay in hotels in Lafayette since I have a home and my nice comfy bed but have you tried the Juliet on Jefferson? I've never stayed but I've been there before for business and it seems ok.

I came in for the game/weekend getaway with the wife. Just wanted a place to crash as we had lots of other plans. We stayed at the Ambassador Inn for 2 nights. I gave it a shot cause the reviews were good and while nothing impressive it was clean and quiet, and just $49 a night. We didn't partake in the breakfast, (Meche's yesterday and French Press this morning) but it appeared to be be standard make your own waffle and muffins type thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I came in for the game/weekend getaway with the wife. Just wanted a place to crash as we had lots of other plans. We stayed at the Ambassador Inn for 2 nights. I gave it a shot cause the reviews were good and while nothing impressive it was clean and quiet, and just $49 a night. We didn't partake in the breakfast, (Meche's yesterday and French Press this morning) but it appeared to be be standard make your own waffle and muffins type thing.
    I have never heard of such a place.

I'm wondering about hotel acadiana

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I don't often stay in hotels in Lafayette since I have a home and my nice comfy bed but have you tried the Juliet on Jefferson? I've never stayed but I've been there before for business and it seems ok.
    ditto: I've never stayed, but several friends spent the weekend there's a couple of weeks ago. They are pretty picky and thought the Juliet was 'pretty good.' They all especially loved being within walking distance to all the great downtown locales.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    ditto: I've never stayed, but several friends spent the weekend there's a couple of weeks ago. They are pretty picky and thought the Juliet was 'pretty good.' They all especially loved being within walking distance to all the great downtown locales.
    Its quaint and its a boutique hotel but its also quiet and mostly frequented by out of town businessmen on short term trips. However, one problem is that during festival season and mardi gras etc it does get quite a few of the party peeps from out of town so I'm sure its not quite as quaint but for football season, I'm sure it would be fine.

I never stay in Lafayette hotels but I have heard the less pay on university is very nice. Just a couple of miles north of campus and a few blocks up from congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    I never stay in Lafayette hotels but I have heard the less pay on university is very nice. Just a couple of miles north of campus and a few blocks up from congress.
    do they still call that five corners or something like that?

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Exactly what I've heard. You can even pay by the hour.

I asked a legitimate question asking for input and I get trash comments about pay by hour hotels if your just going to be a smart-___ just keep it yourself bicky

We have used and liked the Hilton Garden Inn across from Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    do they still call that five corners or something like that?
    That area is actually four corners.

I'm pretty sure five corners was a little north but close to the Grant Street Dance Hall near downtown.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information