Thread: Hudspeth on 50 percent-McGuire: 'I feel sorry for the guy'

1. UL Football Hudspeth on 50 percent-McGuire: 'I feel sorry for the guy'

Senior running back had 17 carries for 58 yards in UL's loss to Idaho

Default Re: Hudspeth on 50 percent-McGuire: 'I feel sorry for the guy'

No commentwhich, of course, is a comment

Actually I am going to comment.Dion Ray

That the Prophet has been so grossly misused by Hud over the last two years is the primary reason that he is at 50% now. Rather than adapting the offense to fit the skills of his players, Hud has been vigorously pounding square pegs in round holes for almost 3 seasons.

and to think that not too long ago, he'd be prominently mentioned in most every "hot up-and-coming coaches" article we'd see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    and to think that not too long ago, he'd be prominently mentioned in most every "hot up-and-coming coaches" article we'd see.
    Because he was just that, a coach that turned a loser into a consistent winner. Now? What the hell happened?

What he should feel sorry for are the people that show up every game and witness this crap!

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    That the Prophet has been so grossly misused by Hud over the last two years is the primary reason that he is at 50% now. Rather than adapting the offense to fit the skills of his players, Hud has been vigorously pounding square pegs in round holes for almost 3 seasons.
    How about quit running the same play over and over again and quit running McGuire like he is a 240 lb fullback. Any wonder he is injured, and mostly ineffective when he does run the ball?

The McGuire we see today, is nowhere near what he was his first 2 years. He seems injury prone, that's all we ever hear over last season and now this one is that he's playing hurt. Whatever it is, he looks average. He gets tackled very easily and can't outrun slow linebackers. Why is he playing if he is 50%?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    The McGuire we see today, is nowhere near what he was his first 2 years. He seems injury prone, that's all we ever hear over last season and now this one is that he's playing hurt. Whatever it is, he looks average. He gets tackled very easily and can't outrun slow linebackers. Why is he playing if he is 50%?
    Because our coach isn't very intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Because our coach isn't very intelligent.
    True, we learned the hard way, and now we are stuck with this brand of football for a while.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    True, we learned the hard way, and now we are stuck with this brand of football for a while.
    Our only hope. and it would have to be a first in college football. is that our coach admit to himself that he isn't very bright. and needs to depend on other better minds. Ever since Hud achieved Lafayette rock star status, he rode out the single great tool he has as a coach. high hype / high energy. "The hammer".

Hud is a coach that can take good athletes from someone else's recruiting and hype them up. But once his recruiting mistakes and bad technical coaching decisions put his team in a lurch. he can't get them out of the slump. He just doesn't have the mind to do it. But there is the hammer.

In fact, his mind has taken us in the opposite direction of fixing the damage. All Hud understands is pounding the hammer. He has no wrench, no screw driver, no wire cutters, no drill, no saw. He has a hammer. He's experimented with the other tools. but when he keeps using the drill in reverse. and the screw won't go in. He grabs the hammer. And even after he's bent the nail sideways. does he use the claw and pull the nail out? No. He hits the nail harder with the hammer. The hammer is simple. He understands the hammer. If challenged. he'll swing the hammer harder. It doesn't matter if the nail is bent. Swing the hammer harder. That thing called a drill. He once used it for a day without plugging it in. Didn't work. Go back to the hammer. Ahhhh. the hammer. Swing harder. Bang the hammer. He built a dog house once before with only a hammer. He can do it again. Ahhh. the hammer. Bang the hammer. Harder.

Jordan wright gets 15 yds on 3 carries and sits the bench the rest of the game. What's the thought process there?

I think Hud is a good coach all week but loses his ability to think or reason on game day. He's always been an emotional guy even in the good years.

Hud has finally been broken by Farmer and Savoie. They have their man. Charismatic to keep their big potatoes on the hook, but unmotivated enough to just mail it in. Did anyone else notice the lack of staff around Cajun Field for Homecoming? This entire program is on cruise control.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information