Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Take Care of UWF, 94-72

1. Default Louisiana Hosts West Florida In Exhibition Game At Blackham

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team gets closer to its official 2016-17 opener when it plays host to West Florida in an exhibition game on Thursday at Blackham Coliseum.

Default Re: Louisiana Hosts West Florida In Exhibition Game At Blackham

FREE

3. UL Basketball UL vs. West Florida basketball exhibition

Admission is free to Cajuns preseason game at Blackham on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    FREE
    How else are you going to get people to go to that dump!

Staff member told me privately he agrees it is a dump but they have no choice but to make the best of it for November games. I noticed there was little mention of game tonight in today's paper. Glad to see link from RaginCajuns.com listed here.

Why is the SBC conference tournament floor in Blackham? Is that all we can get? Didn't we have a floor two years ago when we played Evansville?

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Why is the SBC conference tournament floor in Blackham? Is that all we can get? Didn't we have a floor two years ago when we played Evansville?
    I think we used the Cajundome floor.

8. Default Washington's Double-Double Leads Cajuns Past West Florida, 94-72

Bryce Washington posted a double-double with 25 points and 12 rebounds and the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team built a 16-point lead in the first half and never looked back in claiming a 94-72 victory over West Florida in an exhibition game on Thursday at Blackham Coliseum.

9. UL Basketball UL exhibition game reveals strengths, weaknesses

Against West Florida in UL's preseason exhibition Thursday at Blackham Coliseum, Ragin' Cajuns forward Bryce Washington admitted he got a little nervous.

10. UL Basketball Cajuns Take Care of UWF, 94-72

Washington has a double double to lead the Cajuns

Our floor is being prepared for the Grand reOpening of the Cajundome

12. UL Basketball Re: UL vs. West Florida basketball exhibition

So how is a 22 point victory on a non division one team? Did we clear the bench often and early? Seventy two points seems like a lot for a non division one team.

Default Re: UL vs. West Florida basketball exhibition

We missed a lot of layups and shots close to the basket. We will struggle against teams with size, I didn't see the speed to take advantage of having a smaller lineup.but it's early.

Default Re: UL vs. West Florida basketball exhibition

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So how is a 22 point victory on a non division one team? Did we clear the bench often and early? Seventy two points seems like a lot for a non division one team.
    We led by 29 at one points and then the freshmen played most of the rest of the way. We did clear bench early and often. In fact, I think constant subbing made it tough for anyone to get rhythm. Subbing started two minutes into game. That led to the sloppiness which is not surprising as 7 of the 11 guys are new. Still, it was too sloppy for anyone's liking with 20 turnovers. We shot 50% and they shot 39 but I agree 72 points is a little too many considering the opponent. Our best portion was the first five minutes of 2nd half when we blew it open. That coincided with the starters getting into a rhythm. That was the only portion of game that occurred. We will be OK as long on boards as long as Bryce is in game. I can see a concern there when he sits. The Miller kid has a body just like Bryce and he passes well. However he got in quick foul trouble and he will need to avoid that going forward as we will need his body on court. I disagree about our quickness as I think we will have an advantage there. We did miss too many makeable shots but I think that was due to over passing at times. Some of the makeable shots were wide open threes and we only hit 29% there. That is also a concern. Stove hit only 1 for 7 from deep but he was in the high 30% range last year so maybe this was just a one game anomaly. On the other hand we were great at the line all night long as we hit almost 90%. I think that will be a positive most of season as the free throw shooting form of all the guys looked strong. All the new guys had an obvious case of nerves except Bartley. I maintain that guy will be a difference maker. He is obviously already one of team leaders and he has lots of speed along with body control.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We led by 29 at one points and then the freshmen played most of the rest of the way. We did clear bench early and often. In fact, I think constant subbing made it tough for anyone to get rhythm. Subbing started two minutes into game. That led to the sloppiness which is not surprising as 7 of the 11 guys are new. Still, it was too sloppy for anyone's liking with 20 turnovers. We shot 50% and they shot 39 but I agree 72 points is a little too many considering the opponent. Our best portion was the first five minutes of 2nd half when we blew it open. That coincided with the starters getting into a rhythm. That was the only portion of game that occurred. We will be OK as long on boards as long as Bryce is in game. I can see a concern there when he sits. The Miller kid has a body just like Bryce and he passes well. However he got in quick foul trouble and he will need to avoid that going forward as we will need his body on court. I disagree about our quickness as I think we will have an advantage there. We did miss too many makeable shots but I think that was due to over passing at times. Some of the makeable shots were wide open threes and we only hit 29% there. That is also a concern. Stove hit only 1 for 7 from deep but he was in the high 30% range last year so maybe this was just a one game anomaly. On the other hand we were great at the line all night long as we hit almost 90%. I think that will be a positive most of season as the free throw shooting form of all the guys looked strong. All the new guys had an obvious case of nerves except Bartley. I maintain that guy will be a difference maker. He is obviously already one of team leaders and he has lots of speed along with body control.
    I don't mean how fast our players are, the speed in which we can operate, like I said though it's early but certainly can see a whole lot of thinking going on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information