Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tim Floyd

Default Tim Floyd

Saw this on Yahoo: A USC investigation found rules were violated during current NBA player O.J. Mayo's lone season with the Trojans in 2007-08 under former coach Tim Floyd. On Jan. 3, USC announced a one-year ban on postseason play following the current regular season, including the Pac-10 tournament; a loss of one scholarship for this season and the 2010-2011 season; a loss of one coach permitted to engage in off-campus recruiting during the summer of 2010; and the loss of 20 recruiting days (from 130 to 110) for the 2010-2011 academic year.

So much for his name being mentioned later on at our institution

Default Re: Tim Floyd

Once a cheater always a cheater. We do not need that kind of mess at UL.
    I Love the self imposed restrictions with loss of scholarship, recuiting time etc. Look at what happened to UL with issuing tshirts for workouts during the summer months.

Quote Originally Posted by Etowncajun View Post
    _ Once a cheater always a cheater. We do not need that kind of mess at UL.

Carefulwe/ve had issues with baseball, basketball and football ourselves.

Follow the money. I did mention our t shirt issue and I know about basketball from way back not sure about the baseball issue. Maybe the NCAA thinks the same way and UL is under a watchful eye more so than other schools. Wish the NCAA would treat infractions the same for all school but life is not idea.

_ Follow the money. I did mention our t shirt issue and I know about basketball from way back not sure about the baseball issue. Maybe the NCAA thinks the same way and UL is under a watchful eye more so than other schools. Wish the NCAA would treat infractions the same for all school but life is not idea. _

It's punishment of the powerful on a "We can't hide it" basis, while the rest of the politically incorrect receive a thorough and proper beating with plenty of job justifying red tape and frustration piled on top.

USC is scheduled to go before the NCAA Infractions Committee on Feb. 19. Floyd is not expected to be there. Take that for what you will.

Why is it that the coaches that were involved (supposedly) in the infraction are not required to appear before the committee? They just move on to other places and start fresh while the school has to deal with the consequences.

_ Why is it that the coaches that were involved (supposedly) in the infraction are not required to appear before the committee? They just move on to other places and start fresh while the school has to deal with the consequences. _
    NCAA is a private organization, not a legal group with subpoena power. They cannot force anyone to talk if that person is no longer involved in college sports. Tim Floyd works in the NBA now and there is absolutely nothing the NCAA can do to him other than prevent him from working for a member school. As long as he is employed by the pros, he probably could care less what the NCAA thinks.

Why is it that the coaches that were involved (supposedly) in the infraction are not required to appear before the committee? They just move on to other places and start fresh while the school has to deal with the consequences.
    When Mike Boulanger left UL the NCAA tagged him with what amounted to an expulsion from college baseball. They said any NCAA school wishing to hire him had to basically justify his hiring to them.

That's right, 90. It's called Show Cause or Just Cause. Todd Bozeman faced it after getting fired at Cal. Any school that wanted to hire him during an eight-year window had to show why they shouldn't be subject to the same penalties that the Bears got under his watch.

igeaux.mobi

Like they say; "if you're not cheatin, you're not tryin".

USC bball remarkably improves upon that concept.and if you get caught, self impose a post-season ban.on a team that never made the post season when they weren't cheating.

12. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    USC is scheduled to go before the NCAA Infractions Committee on Feb. 19. Floyd is not expected to be there. Take that for what you will.
    Where did you get this info? Floyd does not have a show cause on him at this time. My understanding is that he will be there on Feb. 19.

Again, show me your source.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    Where did you get this info? Floyd does not have a show cause on him at this time. My understanding is that he will be there on Feb. 19.

Again, show me your source. _
    Bump! I have no idea what you are talking about but it was at 666 views!

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post

Again, show me your source.
    I did not say that Floyd is under Just Cause/Show Cause. I explained what happened previously for UL's old baseball coach and Cal's old basketball coach. Slow down read what I wrote and it's pretty easy to understand.

My source that Floyd won't be there? ESPN.com recently wrote a story stating that Floyd won't be there.

Given that the NBA season will still be going on and ESPN.com's report, I wouldn't expect him to be there. (Plus, he doesn't have to be there.)

Hope that clears eveything up.

igeaux.mobi

15. Ragin' Cajuns Re: Tim Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    I did not say that Floyd is under Just Cause/Show Cause. I explained what happened previously for UL's old baseball coach and Cal's old basketball coach. Slow down read what I wrote and it's pretty easy to understand.

igeaux.mobi
    I do not recall asking you if he is under a Show Cause. You need to read what I wrote and do your homework. You have already burned a few bridges already.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information