Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

1. UL Football Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

With some time to reflect on Elijah McGuire making it to the top of another list in the UL record book, UL coach Mark Hudspeth suggested the senior running back has put himself in some rare air.

Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

As much as I love Elijah, Brian Mitchell was the Cajun's greatest offensive player.

Brian Mitchell period!! He was a work horse, rarely injured, and I cant imagine how great he would have been if he played today. Not even close

4. Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

Not even close Mitchell best football player ever. Some don't know, but he was the strongest in the weight room on those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Not even close Mitchell best football player ever. Some don't know, but he was the strongest in the weight room on those teams.
    I don't remember who we were playing, but I do remember Brian de-cleating somebody on a come back block on a reverse or something.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I don't remember who we were playing, but I do remember Brian de-cleating somebody on a come back block on a reverse or something.
    That player probably doesn't remember either.

Against Rice in 1988.a DT

Brian Power Cleaned 400lbs. In Summer of 1989 going into his Sr. Year.no one worked harder than him.Joe Marciano, special teams Coach in the NFL is a personal friend of minehe told me that the special teams in the league had to alter the way they do things because of MitchellBrian broke Walter Payton all purpose yards record. He deserves to be in the NFL Hall of Fame

I love Eli McGuire. Eli McGuire is no Brian Mitchell. That's not just old man talk. Brian Mitchell was a force of nature.

Eli had the potential to be the greatest offensive player in UL history, but injuries and misuse (he is not a 3 yards between the tackle type of guy) have not negated that possibility. His first couple of years were nothing short of amazing, and Harris was a perfect stable mate for him. Once Harris was gone, they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. I hope he can get healthy and give us another flash of what he can do before the year is out. A healthy Eli could have had 250 yards against TSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Eli had the potential to be the greatest offensive player in UL history, but injuries and misuse (he is not a 3 yards between the tackle type of guy) have not negated that possibility. His first couple of years were nothing short of amazing, and Harris was a perfect stable mate for him. Once Harris was gone, they tried to fit a square peg in a round hole. I hope he can get healthy and give us another flash of what he can do before the year is out. A healthy Eli could have had 250 yards against TSU.
    I would rest him for Idaho. We are going to win that game by hook or crook, and we need him at full speed for Geo Sou.

I would rest him for Idaho. We are going to win that game by hook or crook, and we need him at full speed for Geo Sou.
    Not so easy. Idaho isn't a pushover

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

We will have less trouble beating GaSo than beating Idaho. Not that I project us to win either game, but we are more likely to beat a GaSo team that cannot throw the ball at all than an Idaho team with a balanced offense.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    We will have less trouble beating GaSo than beating Idaho. Not that I project us to win either game, but we are more likely to beat a GaSo team that cannot throw the ball at all than an Idaho team with a balanced offense.
    Then, he should not have played last week.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

Then, he should not have played last week.
    For the first time in my memory, you are correct. TxSt was the only conference game we could possibly be favored in without Eli. He should have been held out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information