Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

1. Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Can't compare the two really, Fenroy ran where Eli has problems, and he did it over and over. Eli is better in open spaces. Fenroy will have played fewer games due to bowls, and still Eli will have to have five great games to catch him.
    Fenroy is a cross between Harris and McGuire, and would have faired much better last year -running straight at the line- than Elijah did.

Elijah is much more versatile.

2. Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    He ran in a totally different offense. Fenroy and Harris both would have struggled running the ball up the middle last year.
    Struggled by whose standards, theirs?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Struggled by whose standards, theirs?
    Anyone's standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Fenroy is a cross between Harris and McGuire, and would have faired much better last year -running straight at the line- than Elijah did.

Elijah is much more versatile.
    Possibly, but would still not have been nearly as effective as he was in bustles offense.

5. Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

Possibly, but would still not have been nearly as effective as he was in bustles offense.
    I agree

6. Default

He ran in a totally different offense. Fenroy and Harris both would have struggled running the ball up the middle last year. Having a QB that is a true run threat only helps the RB.
    The Prophet struggled in between the tackles vs Harris. The Prophet is a nightmare for defenses in space

Think of Duce and Bush for the Saints. Duce found the small openings Bush couldn't.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Is running back McGuire UL's greatest offensive player?

I don't think many people would argue about who was better between Fenroy and Eli. Can you possibly envision what Eli would do if he had Mike D running the zone read. I love Fenroy but Eli is on another level.
    He's on another level as an athlete. But out of the backfield, they were comparable production-wise. I think many RBs would have profited from the MD (and Babb) read option. I think Eli would have been great (possibly greater) in the read option (with MD). But as others are saying, Fenroy was very quick to the hole and was a fantastic north south runner. Eli would have been more elusive, but I'm not certain every run would have favored Eli. Regardless, you said " by far". that's all I disputed. No RB deserved last year. And no UL fan did either.

Eli is phenomenal. I wish Hud would have used him more appropriately. I hope the NFL uses him in the correct assignments.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information