Default Re: Coaches Salaries......

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    We need a refund.

The most over paid person in the US.

5. Default Re: Coaches Salaries......

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    but by far the highest in the belt; and what to show for it?
    You have the thought process backwards.

The contract IS "the what to show for it."

The highest paid springs from 4 winning seasons 4 winning bowl games.

In the end though, at the very least, "Show for It" contracts demand continuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Mr Miserable---sorry you didn't enjoy --if you were there, I don't know, but if you were and didn't enjoy ---well whatever!!!
    Boomer, he didn't say that he did not enjoy it....what express stated is also true as what you stated is true...

7. Default Re: Coaches Salaries......

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Boomer, he didn't say that he did not enjoy it....what express stated is also true as what you stated is true...
    ----I can tell how much he enjoyed it from his positive post of the 5 things he takes from the events---Can't believe all the posts on here about Hud's salary when Tulane was in the process of getting him for a higher amount and the same posters were coming down on Farmer for maybe losing him-----he got T-Joe to up the amount to keep him and didn't see people upset at that happening!!!

8. Default Re: Coaches Salaries......

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---Can't believe all the posts on here about Hud's salary when Tulane was in the process of getting him for a higher amount and the same posters were coming down on Farmer for maybe losing him-----he got T-Joe to up the amount to keep him and didn't see people upset at that happening!!!
    He definitely earned it.

Now he needs to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    The past is the past.. Ul will never have that easy a path again in the WORST conference in USA and a AD that feels the need to schedule several AZZ beatings a year in which we dont stand a chance to win. All of the sudden we are in ULM territory without the mythical SEC win like they had. Boomer wake up.
    All Boomer was saying is that the reason he is paid that much is because of his immediate success. He took us to a place we have never been and put us on the map. We paid him and he stayed. We were all happy. Now, looking back, of course the details and the whole ACT debacle was unknown and two bad seasons, knowing all that now it's easy to say we over paid. But at the time, no one was complaining. His pay gives him a much shorter leash and I agree 100% with that, we should be seeing better results. The problem is not how much we pay our coach, the problem is the contract in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    The most over paid person in the US.
    No that would be Farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    All Boomer was saying is that the reason he is paid that much is because of his immediate success. He took us to a place we have never been and put us on the map. We paid him and he stayed. We were all happy. Now, looking back, of course the details and the whole ACT debacle was unknown and two bad seasons, knowing all that now it's easy to say we over paid. But at the time, no one was complaining. His pay gives him a much shorter leash and I agree 100% with that, we should be seeing better results. The problem is not how much we pay our coach, the problem is the contract in my opinion.
    I can agree with your argument. The contract was crafted by Scott Farmer correct?

I can agree with your argument. The contract was crafted by Scott Farmer correct?
    Well technically it was crafted by lawyers but Farmer and TJoe signed and approved it.

No that contract was likely drawn up by Hud's agent, and Farmer put on his big boy pants and made sure to tell T-Joe it was a good idea. And now we have...this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Yep... Farmer got taken to the woodshed.

Kinda funny how not one person said it was a horrible deal when it happened.

I suppose the only logical answer is to limit our coaches salaries to like ~$250,000. This is surely the best path to success at the D1 level.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information