Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth doesn't run from UL's offensive woes

1. UL Football Hudspeth doesn't run from UL's offensive woes

Cajun coach thinks improved ground game could improve success amid three-game losing streak

Default Re: Hudspeth doesn't run from UL's offensive woes

I'm not clicking Buckley link but reading the title and caption above, I wanted to comment on a Hud interview shown on TV3 last night. Apparently Hud thinks that going back to a physical style of offense will save the rest of the season. Physical play, blocking and running the ball is what they do best.

We all know what that means. McGuire up the middle 25+ times. Someone needs to save Hud from himself.

I don't know any exorcists

4. Default Re: Hudspeth doesn't run from UL's offensive woes

Passing game loosens up running game.

Running game loosens up passing game.

The passing game is so loose right now we can't pass down field.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I'm not clicking Buckley link but reading the title and caption above, I wanted to comment on a Hud interview shown on TV3 last night. Apparently Hud thinks that going back to a physical style of offense will save the rest of the season. Physical play, blocking and running the ball is what they do best.

We all know what that means. McGuire up the middle 25+ times. Someone needs to save Hud from himself.
    I also like how we gave our game plan to Texas St. Not that it was all that hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan View Post
    I also like how we gave our game plan to Texas St. Not that it was all that hard to figure out.
    Yep, the commentators on ESPN2 had our entire offensive gameplan down before the first snap. Up tempo, to keep App State from subbing in. That was it. We did nothing else other than try to go up tempo. That's like going to build a rocket, working on an aerodynamic design, and leaving the inside empty.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Yep, the commentators on ESPN2 had our entire offensive gameplan down before the first snap. Up tempo, to keep App State from subbing in. That was it. We did nothing else other than try to go up tempo. That's like going to build a rocket, working on an aerodynamic design, and leaving the inside empty.
    It seems like the "up tempo" offense is heavily contributing to large number of false starts and procedure penalities this season that continue to kill drives. Bad gimmick IMO

We tried up tempo with bustle one year too. Similar results.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    It seems like the "up tempo" offense is heavily contributing to large number of false starts and procedure penalities this season that continue to kill drives. Bad gimmick IMO
    We aren't even up tempo. We hurry up to the line and snap the ball up tempo. but then we run the play in slow motion.

I used to hate our old pole cat offense back in the day. I miss it now. Even if you do use "up tempo". you should ever so often act like you're running to the line to take the snap. use the exact twitching at the line you did with the fast snap. and draw the defense offsides. Our coaches don't even infuse that into the offensive advantage. If anything, we've jumped offsides more often than we've drawn defenses offsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We aren't even up tempo. We hurry up to the line and snap the ball up tempo. but then we run the play in slow motion.

I used to hate our old pole cat offense back in the day. I miss it now. Even if you do use "up tempo". you should ever so often act like you're running to the line to take the snap. use the exact twitching at the line you did with the fast snap. and draw the defense offsides. Our coaches don't even infuse that into the offensive advantage. If anything, we've jumped offsides more often than we've drawn defenses offsides.
    We should try to actually see if we can simply run the offense at normal speed then build a rhythm and build towards tempo. Let the players feel some sort of success and then speed things up on occasion. Why are we in such a hurry to execute our 3 and out? Executing up tempo takes ebery single person knowing exactly what to do without thinking.if 1 player is still sifting through plays in his head when we hike the ball the play is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    We should try to actually see if we can simply run the offense at normal speed then build a rhythm and build towards tempo. Let the players feel some sort of success and then speed things up on occasion. Why are we in such a hurry to execute our 3 and out? Executing up tempo takes ebery single person knowing exactly what to do without thinking.if 1 player is still sifting through plays in his head when we hike the ball the play is over.
    We needs somebody like that Rekitia kid, when I was dey. Eroll, feral, sheryl, what dat boys name was? Dat boy had a good head up on his shoulders.

No question about it he wasn't running from the offense when he took over a bunch of players he didn't recruit in his first year. No question. Pee wee, Lawson, surgent, gauthier he didn't build that.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Jaldwin View Post
    We needs somebody like that Rekitia kid, when I was dey. Eroll, feral, sheryl, what dat boys name was? Dat boy had a good head up on his shoulders.
    Sorry bro. Rekieta was a juco guy who came in with Bustle his first year

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    Sorry bro. Rekieta was a juco guy who came in with Bustle his first year
    I think berry meant john vancleve. No question about it.

Speaking of ju co QBs. IBO the Cajuns will bring in 2 this off season. No question about it HUD has no confidence in JD. BR don't see anyone else on the current roster ever being a full time starter at the QB position. HUD is in a real mess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information