Thread: Coin collectors:

Default Coin collectors:

I have several uncirculated silver dollars. Any of you know the value of a 1921-S Barbar silver dollar?

These are the 1921 series I have. I have a total of 30 from 1879 to 1925

Default Re: Coin collectors:

There are several web sites to help, just Google the question you have, but chances are, with 30 coins, it's prob. Close if not over $800.

These are Morgan silver dollar's, a/k/a Liberty dollars. According to my price guide, your 1921-S in this condition would currently sell for anywhere between $31 and $54. Unfortunately, this was by far and away the highest production year for the Morgans. The San Francisco mint alone produced over 21 million of them for the final year of the coin's production run in 1921. The ones minted in Carson City, NV (stamped CC on the reverse) are the rarest and most valuable, so look and see if you have any these in your collection.

The two 1921 s grade MS-65 is going for $1600 in the Insider's Guide to U.S coin values by Scott Travers of Numismatic World. I plan to send them off to have them graded. Numismatic Guaranty Corp. of America, Inc. charges $25 each. Small price to pay if they come back MS-65 and the price they have in the book stands at $1600.

I've always wanted to get into numismatics, just never had the time.or the capital. People always look at me funny when I want to go through their loose change jars.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I've always wanted to get into numismatics, just never had the time.or the capital. People always look at me funny when I want to go through their loose change jars.
    My change jar consist of a 2 gallon can full of coins. Weight is now 57 lbs. I go through these cones at least 1 hour a day. Very time consuming I must say. My uncirculated coins are the silver Dollars dating back to 1882. These have never be graded yet. Took them to a local coin dealer and was told to send them off to be graded. That's about $25 a coin. But if they come back MS-65 I have several at $1600 to $6500not a bad $25 investment. I got these from a family estate about 40 years ago. My take was 30 from a total of 120. My three sisters got 30 each. We could not pick which ones we wanted. They were divided by the lawyer of the estate. He even picked them out randomly. I want get rich but it's fun.

These are some of my collection. The two on the top are my money makers if any:

I was offered $1700 for these three by a local coin dealer. The patina alone made them beautiful to look at. The picture don't do justice.

7. Default Re: Coin collectors:

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I have several uncirculated silver dollars. Any of you know the value of a 1921-S Barbar silver dollar?

---Every time I see the "E Pluribus Unum" I think of AL GORE when he gave a talk on this as a theme saying, from one many!!!

These are the 1921 series I have. I have a total of 30 from 1879 to 1925

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    My change jar consist of a 2 gallon can full of coins. Weight is now 57 lbs. I go through these cones at least 1 hour a day. Very time consuming I must say. My uncirculated coins are the silver Dollars dating back to 1882. These have never be graded yet. Took them to a local coin dealer and was told to send them off to be graded. That's about $25 a coin. But if they come back MS-65 I have several at $1600 to $6500not a bad $25 investment. I got these from a family estate about 40 years ago. My take was 30 from a total of 120. My three sisters got 30 each. We could not pick which ones we wanted. They were divided by the lawyer of the estate. He even picked them out randomly. I want get rich but it's fun.

These are some of my collection. The two on the top are my money makers if any:

I was offered $1700 for these three by a local coin dealer. The patina alone made them beautiful to look at. The picture don't do justice.

Those are gorgeous. You can't really get a good look but how are the strikes on them? I've become fascinated with finding coins that have been struck well. For instance I found a Bicentennial coin, circulated, but had the full strike on the back showing the detail in the drum which is the key indicator.

I inherited an uncirculated Mercury Head Dime from my grandfather. It's a 1936 without a mint mark, and has a number of strike issues. That's about the extent of my collection. One of these days.

Thread Information