Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Radio Broadcast

Default Radio Broadcast

Why is wednesday's game not being broadcast on 107.9? I think there was another game earlier this season I tried to listen to that was also on 1420 instead of 107.9. 1420 has a very limited broadcast range (not to mention horrible quality). Is there a reason for the change?

Default Re: Radio Broadcast

Probably because everyone will be either in attendance or watching on TV. So, if no one is listening to the radio broadcast, why does it matter if 1420's signal is horrible? Why envision what's happening when you can see it with your own eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Probably because everyone will be either in attendance or watching on TV. So, if no one is listening to the radio broadcast, why does it matter if 1420's signal is horrible? Why envision what's happening when you can see it with your own eyes?
    Also, you can listen on the app on your computer or iphone.ide imagine 99% of fans leftover have one of those.

4. Default Re: Radio Broadcast

So a few thousand people get to turn their radio on to sync.

I'll be in my easy chair for this one. Kids have school the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So a few thousand people get to turn their radio on to sync.
    Sorry, but I haven't listened to a UL football radio broadcast ever since, "It's a Spedale's Florist First Down!" Sickening. I think that was about six or seven years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjimbo View Post
    Why is wednesday's game not being broadcast on 107.9? I think there was another game earlier this season I tried to listen to that was also on 1420 instead of 107.9. 1420 has a very limited broadcast range (not to mention horrible quality). Is there a reason for the change?
    Where did you see or hear that it is not on 107.9?

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Radio Broadcast

I have not listened to 1420 or any other Town Square station since Mr. Moon declared himself to be so vastly superior to the unwashed masses of faceless buffoons that he could no longer sully his image by hanging out on RP with us. I figure that if he doesn't want to be with us here, why should we assume he wants us there?

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I have not listened to 1420 or any other Town Square station since Mr. Moon declared himself to be so vastly superior to the unwashed masses of faceless buffoons that he could no longer sully his image by hanging out on RP with us. I figure that if he doesn't want to be with us here, why should we assume he wants us there?
    Damn skippy!

Things have gotten real negative over the failure of the UL Foundation to separate from the RCAF. More so than the football fortunes this season and last.

Cajun Fun posted some really good things that could separate us on the academic side like keeping pace with faculty salaries. I think efforts like that are a reason why the Administration won't move as aggressively as we want on athletic prominence.

To me that is why we don't hire a real pricey athletic director and a Steve Hale, push hard to get out of the Sun
    Belt, etc. During this year fan frustration has bubbled over.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjimbo View Post
    Not sure where you saw this. The media notes always say the game is broadcasted on ESPN 1420, but can be heard on 107.9 (only on the radio, not online).

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Sorry, but I haven't listened to a UL football radio broadcast ever since, "It's a Spedale's Florist First Down!" Sickening. I think that was about six or seven years ago.
    What's WORSE for me, is listening to STM football and hearing that teams have entered the "Corner Bar Red Zone!!"

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    What's WORSE for me, is listening to STM football and hearing that teams have entered the "Corner Bar Red Zone!!"
    Agree. It's pretty desperate when the guys who sell advertising for high school games resort to selling to bars. Really bad judgement. I guess sometimes the all mighty dollar rules. Sad.

Are these jokers no longer taking phone calls in the post game show or is no one bothering to call in?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I listened on 107.9for three fkkn minutes. I was done after that.

Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information