Thread: UH Cougar 100

Default UH Cougar 100

Has UL ever done something like the attached that UH does each year? UH is honoring the top 100 Cougar-led business owners in the world. We often talk about identifying our most financially influential alumni and are not sure that list is even available. Seems to me something like this would be highly beneficial to UL, both for athletics (Harris) and academics. None of these guys graduated from professional schools like medicine or law. MBAs probably, but we have one of the top MBA programs in the country. Do we ever learn what makes other universities so successful and apply that or simply continue to do things the Cajun way? We don't seem to do that in athletics. Wonder about the academic side.

Also just read a list of Forbes richest Houstonians. Does UL have any alumni on Forbes list? I know Tillman Fertitta, owner of Landry's and a huge UH contributor, is on the list. I don't know if any of the other names are also UH alums. I'll list a few company owners/founders that some of you might be aware of.

#69 - founder of Kinder Morgan - $7 billion
    #95 - 4 people as heirs of a pipeline fortune - $5.2 billion each
    #134 - Founder of Hilcorp Energy - $4.1 billion
    #178 - Founder of Gulf States Toyota - $3.6 billion
    #184 - Owner of Houston Texans - $3.5 billion
    #248 - Founder of Landry's - $2.7 billion
    #290 - Founder of GeoSouthern Energy - $2.4 billion
    #361 - Owner of Houston Rockets - $1.9 billion

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: UH Cougar 100

That would take a well connected AA and university. We don't have either.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    That would take a well connected AA and university. We don't have either.
    Likely a major reason we are still a Tier II university. .

When I got the email to submit the information for my business i thought it was a bit corny but now I wish I had. The most amazing thing our leadership has done is a deep sense of pride. They want to celebrate every success we have during and after our time on campus. Of course if we want to donate some money they will celebrate that too.

That's not the way we do things around here.

6. Alumni Re: UH Cougar 100

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Has UL ever done something like the attached that UH does each year? UH is honoring the top 100 Cougar-led business owners in the world. We often talk about identifying our most financially influential alumni and are not sure that list is even available. Seems to me something like this would be highly beneficial to UL, both for athletics (Harris) and academics. None of these guys graduated from professional schools like medicine or law. MBAs probably, but we have one of the top MBA programs in the country. Do we ever learn what makes other universities so successful and apply that or simply continue to do things the Cajun way? We don't seem to do that in athletics. Wonder about the academic side.

Also just read a list of Forbes richest Houstonians. Does UL have any alumni on Forbes list? I know Tillman Fertitta, owner of Landry's and a huge UH contributor, is on the list. I don't know if any of the other names are also UH alums. I'll list a few company owners/founders that some of you might be aware of.

#69 - founder of Kinder Morgan - $7 billion
    #95 - 4 people as heirs of a pipeline fortune - $5.2 billion each
    #134 - Founder of Hilcorp Energy - $4.1 billion
    #178 - Founder of Gulf States Toyota - $3.6 billion
    #184 - Owner of Houston Texans - $3.5 billion
    #248 - Founder of Landry's - $2.7 billion
    #290 - Founder of GeoSouthern Energy - $2.4 billion
    #361 - Owner of Houston Rockets - $1.9 billion
    You really need to forward this to t-jo. Of course you will need to send a detailed letter explaing what it is and why it is good thing to create such a list. He may not get it after several readings.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    You really need to forward this to t-jo. Of course you will need to send a detailed letter explaing what it is and why it is good thing to create such a list. He may not get it after several readings.
    I sent it to Harris.

T Joe will never go for it. He has to take orders from la turd, Hoax, and Lswho. Making him accountable to rich folks is a bit too much. He has a fiefdom to protect after all.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    I sent it to Harris.
    Would be interested to hear if you get a response.

10. Default Re: UH Cougar 100

Well Mr. Harris has no clout. The RCAF board has only one word for his very cogent recommendations. NO!!!

Top MBA programs in the country? HAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Well Mr. Harris has no clout. The RCAF board has only one word for his very cogent recommendations. NO!!!
    Well, T-Joe's office is a black hole and had to send to somebody. Maybe Harris can do something with it. That said, I'm not expecting anything because it is not the Cajun way, like that has worked well for us.

Thread Information