Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

Coach Sliman is good people. Nice to see this happen

Any activity that you can smoke and drink while doing it is not a sport---It is a game.

3. Default Re: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Any activity that you can smoke and drink while doing it is not a sport---It is a game.
    So in other "real" sports, they want you to smoke the competition and drink the Kool aid.

How does that fit in?

4. Default

Have you heard of John Daly

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If you are trying to argue the merits of golf as an athletic sport, isn't John Daly like the worst example? Tiger Woods perhaps would be better?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    If you are trying to argue the merits of golf as an athletic sport, isn't John Daly like the worst example? Tiger Woods perhaps would be better?
    Pretty sure that's not what he said.

Pretty sure that's not what he said.
    It's what you said. Am I missing something?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It's what you said. Am I missing something?
    I think so

9. Default Re: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

You talk past people you are in agreement with often?

Historically, baseball and football players used to smoke on the sidelines during the games.

11. Default Re: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

---I worked a golf tourney in P-Rico on a Trump golf course where trump and Daly had a round of golf that they videoed----this was after Daly was on the recovery path---he could hit it a loooong way and had the craziest pants ever and a lot of them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Historically, baseball and football players used to smoke on the sidelines during the games.
    And perhaps a beer or two.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I like golf. But I hammer a friend of mine that played on Auburn's golf team that smokes cigarettes when he plays. that you cannot call anything a sport where it never makes you breath harder or your heart rate go up. He always says "put some money on the line. and I'll make your heart rate go up."

I am happy for the golf team.

14. Alumni Re: UL golf, Oakbourne partner for full-scale facility

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I like golf. But I hammer a friend of mine that played on Auburn's golf team that smokes cigarettes when he plays. that you cannot call anything a sport where it never makes you breath harder or your heart rate go up. He always says "put some money on the line. and I'll make your heart rate go up."

I am happy for the golf team.
    Smoking is not a measure of sport, it is a measure of declined cardio fitness. Baseball players use non smoking tobacco, football players did the same. As for not breaking a sweat? You get out on some of these up and down golf courses, pulling or carrying your own bag. You will break a sweat, and breath heavy.

The world championship of poker is not a sport, but I'd love to see those guys hooked to a blood pressure, and pulse monitor when playing.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Smoking is not a measure of sport, it is a measure of declined cardio fitness. Baseball players use non smoking tobacco, football players did the same. As for not breaking a sweat? You get out on some of these up and down golf courses, pulling or carrying your own bag. You will break a sweat, and breath heavy.

The world championship of poker is not a sport, but I'd love to see those guys hooked to a blood pressure, and pulse monitor when playing.
    I play a massive amount of golf. Everything you do in golf at the time of execution requires you to lower your heart rate and breathing. I see golf no different than pitching. It is pure body control and skill. It isn't running or making contact with other athletes. If a pitcher or a football kicker is an athlete. so is a golfer.

I had a football player tell me that "it isn't a sport if you don't have a ball. and you aren't running." Is boxing, wrestling disqualified? Is track. with no ball. disqualified? I used to have a hard time thinking of a buddy of mine in high school being called an "athlete". He was a tubby offensive lineman that couldn't out run or out jump his sister. He couldn't throw or catch a football. or any ball for that matter.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information