Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth: Cajun offense is "stuck in the mud'

1. Default Hudspeth: Cajun offense is "stuck in the mud'

Turnovers led to starting quarterback Anthony Jennings' ouster Satuday

Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajun offense is "stuck in the mud'

Wrong. The Cajun offense is stuck with the Hud.

the definition of insanity.

Instead of throwing HIS QB under the bus after the game, HUD needs to take a LONG look in the F______ mirror for our lack of offense!!

In reading the article and Hud's comments, I have no doubt that he will start Nixon for App State if he's healthy enough to go. It almost seems that he has lost all faith in AJ

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    In reading the article and Hud's comments, I have no doubt that he will start Nixon for App State if he's healthy enough to go. It almost seems that he has lost all faith in AJ
    And his team has lost faith in him!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    And his team has lost faith in him!
    Who? AJ or Hud? Probably a little of both I'd imagine.

Who? AJ or Hud? Probably a little of both I'd imagine.
    Both!

This coaching staff is "stuck in the mud".

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    Instead of throwing HIS QB under the bus after the game, HUD needs to take a LONG look in the F______ mirror for our lack of offense!!
    I agree 100%. There are more coaching issues here than QB issues.

I hear a lot of people talk about how Hud has moved us up to a new level and that we need to be patient. Sure, because of Hud we won 4 straight bowl games and because of the David Saunders scandal we then vacated all but the last one. In fact, from 2011 to 2014 we vacated 22 wins. We are now on a downward slope. With that said, I have mixed emotions about Hud now.

One problem we have is keeping a coach too long even though they perform poorly. Last thing we need is to have the program regress back to the Bustle days and keep a losing coach for 9 years.

IMO. if Hud doesn't turn this team around and end the season above .500 I think it's time to start over and find a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by NuForce View Post
    I agree 100%. There are more coaching issues here than QB issues.

I hear a lot of people talk about how Hud has moved us up to a new level and that we need to be patient. Sure, because of Hud we won 4 straight bowl games and because of the David Saunders scandal we then vacated all but the last one. In fact, from 2011 to 2014 we vacated 22 wins. We are now on a downward slope. With that said, I have mixed emotions about Hud now.

One problem we have is keeping a coach too long even though they perform poorly. Last thing we need is to have the program regress back to the Bustle days and keep a losing coach for 9 years.

IMO. if Hud doesn't turn this team around and end the season above .500 I think it's time to start over and find a new coach.
    Going above .500 would mean winning 5 of our last 7 games and I don't see that happening at this point, especially with Georgia, App State and Ga Southern on the schedule. Thankfully we don't play Troy but its a major uphill battle. However, this is a moot point as there is absolutely no way that Hud is gone at the end of this season, no matter how it finishes out. I could see him clearing house with his assistants though, especially on the offensive side.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

It appears the DC position has been somewhat fixed. I think the D looks better but dont have stats to that effect. The OC doesnt appear to be working out. It seems like we are not getting the ball into the hands of someone who can make a play. Maybe they should just watch film on teams throwing the swing or flare pass to the RB or maybe the TE sitting in the middle of the zone. Works for other teams, could work for us, right?

13. Default Re: Hudspeth: Cajun offense is "stuck in the mud'

Meanwhile, Jay Johnson is a bad call away from 4-0, already beating decent Oregon St and Colorado St teams.

But hey. 🐸☕️

Going above .500 would mean winning 5 of our last 7 games and I don't see that happening at this point, especially with Georgia, App State and Ga Southern on the schedule. Thankfully we don't play Troy but its a major uphill battle. However, this is a moot point as there is absolutely no way that Hud is gone at the end of this season, no matter how it finishes out. I could see him clearing house with his assistants though, especially on the offensive side.
    I agree with you to a point. The only way I see Hud being let go at the end of this season is if we lose out and go 2-10. That would mean losing to ULM which is far worse than losing to McNeese. If that were to happen and Hud would not be released then my RCAF contribution would drop significantly.

One reason I'm being so hard on Hud right now is that he is the second highest paid coach in Louisiana to Les Miles (former head coach). Hud is the highest paid coach in all of the Sunbelt and C-USA. He earns twice as much as Skip Holtz at LATech and about $100,000 more than Curtis Johnson at Tulane. With that said, I expect better results. http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries

At minimum, we beat Texas ST and ULM and go 4-8. If that happens Hud's contract should be renegotiated and his salary should be cut and based more on performance. Then we give Hud one more year to fix it.

At minimum, Farmer should start putting together a short list of head coach replacements as a contingency. I'm hoping this has already been done. If we are going to throw around that much money for a head coach then we should have no problems finding an acceptable replacement if this goes into the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Meanwhile, Jay Johnson is a bad call away from 4-0, already beating decent Oregon St and Colorado St teams.

But hey. 🐸☕️
    Yeah, we got a competent DC now. Hope he stays here for a long time.

Our problem is on the Offensive side of the ball, and it has nothing to do with who is the OC.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information