Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

1. UL Football Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

Senior running back had a career-high 38 carries, mostly up the middl

Default Re: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

"In fact, 31 of McGuire's 38 runs at Tulane were either up the middle or over guard — four in the first quarter, three in the second, six in the third, a whopping 13 in the fourth and five in overtime.

Why was that?"

HUD "They took away a lot of the outside run," Hudspeth said of the Green Wave defense.

"We tried to get some outside runs, and got a couple of 'em. We scored on one of the outside runs".

Now it all makes sense"they were taking away the outside" "we tried outside and scored on one of the them", but decided to run up the middle because they were too good at stopping the outside. ok, gotcha coach, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
    "In fact, 31 of McGuire's 38 runs at Tulane were either up the middle or over guard — four in the first quarter, three in the second, six in the third, a whopping 13 in the fourth and five in overtime.

Why was that?"

HUD "They took away a lot of the outside run," Hudspeth said of the Green Wave defense.

"We tried to get some outside runs, and got a couple of 'em. We scored on one of the outside runs".

Now it all makes sense"they were taking away the outside" "we tried outside and scored on one of the them", but decided to run up the middle because they were too good at stopping the outside. ok, gotcha coach, thanks.
    That there is the reasoning of a man who has no clue what he is doing.

"I tried to wash the dishes, it worked for a while, then I stopped washing the dishes because the water got dirty."

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    That there is the reasoning of a man who has no clue what he is doing.

"I tried to wash the dishes, it worked for a while, then I stopped washing the dishes because the water got dirty."
    "So we have to get very, very tough on cyber and cyber warfare. It is — it is a huge problem. I have a son. He's 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable." - Mark Hudspeth

Why was that?"

6. Default Re: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

If accurate, Mind blown.

It only took 7 runs to determine something wasn't working.

And only 6 if one of 7 went for 6.

Ps Did deep throws get this many chances?

🐃💩

I'd have to watch the game again to be certain, but from recollection, the outside runs stopped working as soon as we stopped running them. Am I going senile already? Goodness, I hope not.

9. Default Re: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I'd have to watch the game again to be certain, but from recollection, the outside runs stopped working as soon as we stopped running them. Am I going senile already? Goodness, I hope not.
    Astute observation.

I thought they stopped working when we quit throwing deep.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That is absolute nonsense. 31 runs up the middle didn't work, but we kept trying. Tulane's teeth were in the middle of the field. Hud dreams of those big runs up the middle. He's obsessed with it. Eli is far too good of an overall athlete to be smashed into a pile over and over.

11. Default Re: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    That is absolute nonsense. 31 runs up the middle didn't work, but we kept trying. Tulane's teeth were in the middle of the field. Hud dreams of those big runs up the middle. He's obsessed with it. Eli is far too good of an overall athlete to be smashed into a pile over and over.
    82% up the middle is the standard for a balanced offence.

Not having to worry about how many runs to the left and how many runs to the right is liberating.

If I were Jennings I would be changing those plays at the line of scrimmage.

13. Default Re: Hudspeth explains McGuire's use in loss at Tulane

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    If I were Jennings I would be changing those plays at the line of scrimmage.
    If J. had done that Saturday, UL might have gone home a winner and not needed the extra ennings to get it done.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    82% up the middle is the standard for a balanced offence.

Not having to worry about how many runs to the left and how many runs to the right is liberating.
    We aren't supposed to be running a "standard offense". We're supposed to put the spread in the spread this year. Remember?

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We aren't supposed to be running a "standard offense". We're supposed to put the spread in the spread this year. Remember?
    So repeat of last year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information