Page 160 of 162 FirstFirst . 150 157 158 159 160 161 162 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2416

Thread: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Exactly, but it would be nice and easy if they released some explanation about it so we wouldn't speculate.
    They may need to add drainage or it would be wasting money because they need to do something else first. Could be a lot of things but everything so far has been done very well. I don't see any reason to assume they would choose to half ___ such a small detail.

Default Re: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

That small area under the bleachers is utilized on occasion. That is where we hide some times during lightning delays or 100 degree Sunday afternoon games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    They may need to add drainage or it would be wasting money because they need to do something else first. Could be a lot of things but everything so far has been done very well. I don't see any reason to assume they would choose to half ___ such a small detail.
    I would guess it would be removed when they finish pulling up the section of Reinhardt from the oak tree to the APC, remove the Cox center, and create the square. I would think since you're going to have demolition crews associated with that work, why not save the money and include this area with the rest of the deconstruction and just finish the area once. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Helmet, is it possible that when the First and Third base Bleachers are raised to the grandstand level they will have additional footing work to do so the limestone is being left alone for now. Also the new club house will be on the first base side right? What I was wondering is if they could put some iron fencing per se in the Giant open archways behind the first and third base bleachers and put some nostalgic type Baseball's on the iron to finish dressing up and closing off those windows?

I don't see the wisdom of doing anything under the footprint of the bleachers. it would be a waste of money. As far as the open spaces that's cosmetic in my opinion and that can be done at any time. It can be redone at any time because it's not permanent. We have a fully functional baseball stadium now and bottom line that's all that counts. To me the stadium looks fine as it is a hell of a lot better than what was there before.

On another note. All of the tailgate areas that were used for construction staging have been cleaned and dressed. It looks pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I don't see the wisdom of doing anything under the footprint of the bleachers. it would be a waste of money. As far as the open spaces that's cosmetic in my opinion and that can be done at any time. It can be redone at any time because it's not permanent. We have a fully functional baseball stadium now and bottom line that's all that counts. To me the stadium looks fine as it is a hell of a lot better than what was there before.
    What's with all that loose gravel in the parking lot and at the entrance area on the third base side? Takes away from an otherwise beautiful stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    What's with all that loose gravel in the parking lot and at the entrance area on the third base side? Takes away from an otherwise beautiful stadium.
    I suspect it is there as a temporary thing. Once they make a decision on what to do and when I'm sure it will be resolveved. what ever you see there is not the final product.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    This should not be considered a screw up, poor planning or anything like that. To the contrary it should be considered a sign of better things to come.

This should not be considered a screw up, poor planning or anything like that. To the contrary it should be considered a sign of better things to come.
    Well, that's one way of looking at it.

I passed by the stadium today and noticed they were doing some work on the roof. They must have been taking care of a few things on the punch list.

I passed by the stadium today and noticed they were doing some work on the roof. They must have been taking care of a few things on the punch list.
    lsue had a fall ball double-header there sat night. People were blown away with the park.

14. Default Re: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

Kendall has seen some parks.

For those who did not go to this week's games, I thought I'd resurrect this great old thread to include a pic of the new coverings they just added to the area behind the bleachers. I think they look great, and hope they do the same thing to the main facade area of the grandstand.

(I haven't read the recent game threads, so don't know if someone had already posted on this before.if so, sorry for the dups.)

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information