Page 15 of 162 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

Default Re: Construction Cam is Up!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Frenchie i think the reason is known. We dont have the budget to expedite this project. As Helmut said, that means little or no overtime.
    That being said. Even though we are behind schedule, you still have a finish date, don't you? Because of the delays it want be finished by mid-Feb. So the date should be moved up to, let's say mid-March or the end of March. Are has the finish date been removed for the contract and they finish when they finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    That being said. Even though we are behind schedule, you still have a finish date, don't you? Because of the delays it want be finished by mid-Feb. So the date should be moved up to, let's say mid-March or the end of March. Are has the finish date been removed for the contract and they finish when they finish?
    Good luck getting a straight answer from the University on that. To my knowledge they havent provided a new target date. I believe the project team will try and provide a more solid date once the steel is up. Which will probably be completed in about 4 weeks.
    I have no clue what ended up in the contract after all the delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post

There is a time on the contract. The contractor has a time line and I'm sure that if he felt that he wasn't going to meet the time he would be working on the weekends. Remember contract time is all the contractor is worried about. Baseball season is not his concern.

4. Default Re: Construction Cam is Up!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    This is similar to what will be installed at the Tigue. I won't argue the point of metal at Turchin other than to say it is more substantial than any temporary facility I've ever seen erected.

http://precast.org/wp-content/upload.-Stadium-2.png
    ---Oh this is not the part I was talking about ----the golf deal isn't nearly like this---the part I was referring to was smaller parts---Anyway I hope ours does look better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    There is a time on the contract. The contractor has a timeline and I'm sure that if he felt that he wasn't going to meet the time he would be working on the weekends. Remember contract time is all the contractor is worried about. Baseball season is not his concern.
    OK, knowing that, can't someone say what that timeline is? That way all of us will know exactly when we might be sitting in our seats at the Tigue. whether March, April or July.

6. UL Baseball Re: Construction Cam is Up!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure the contract has dates even though FarmerBROWN won't acknowledge he knows when it should be complete. We probably need an FOI on the contract.

Ok back in June a link to the construction time line was posted on this board. It was a pdf file this is a link to the file.

Attached Images Attached Images

According to the document above they were supposed to have finished demolition of the grand stand on June 30, 2016. According to that time line the job was to have been completed on February 27, 2017. That is 242 calendar days after the completion of the demolition of the grand stands. The grand stands were demolished about the first week in August or about 35 days behind the schedule posted above. Add 35 days to February 27 and you get April 3, 2017. HOWEVER, we don't know how much time was lost due to the rains in August. Also, Demolition of the grand stands appeared to take less time then allowed. SOOOOOO as I said previously, I don't know where we are on the time line until the Slab on Grade portion of the project is completed. (A hard point in the time line that I can be reasonably sure of their location on the schedule). Once they get to that part I will be able determine if they are ahead or behind CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULE (Not baseball season schedule). Construction schedule is the ONLY schedule the contractor is interested in. I doubt very seriously that he is even the slightest bit concerned about baseball season. Baseball season is not his business. Completion of the project on time is his business and, knowing Lemoine like I do, they will meet the CONSTRUCTION schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Is that Garrison Steel in Pell City Alabama? If so that's about a 500-mile one-way trip.

Whacker packer is getting a work out this morning.

Helmut, thanks as always for your insight!

Do you think it would be at all possible for parts of the stadium (specifically the bleachers) to be occupied while construction is ongoing? And would it be possible for some of the work like the roof and masonry in certain areas to be halted until after the season is over just so they can get the stadium open?

Beams are here

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Helmut, thanks as always for your insight!

Do you think it would be at all possible for parts of the stadium (specifically the bleachers) to be occupied while construction is ongoing? And would it be possible for some of the work like the roof and masonry in certain areas to be halted until after the season is over just so they can get the stadium open?
    I doubt that will happen due to liability insurance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I doubt that will happen due to liability insurance issues.
    And lack of restroom, concessions and basic life safety code facilities.

Page 15 of 162 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information