Page 11 of 162 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread: The Construction Chronicles of Russo Park

Default Re: Construction Cam is Up!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I don't really know about how much of the season will be lost. The only think I can tell you is my opinion of where they are relative to the time line that was provided back in June. A time line that may or may not be the same.

As far as the fiasco, i suspect it probably will be and there will be plenty of unhappy people.
    Question: Do you think that this construction is much more involved than the end-zone and concessions at cajun field? I was at cajun field just about every other day taking pictures and talking to some workers. The demo of the Tigue was equivalent to the ground work on the end-zone. Which I think took more time to do than the demo of the Tigue. Digging the two cement barriers, or whatever you call it, and forming them for cement took time. They formed and poured one seating section per day. Then you have the concession and restroom construction.knowing all this, which is a bigger job in your opinion?

Big crew out there already. Looks like they are pouring concrete?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Big crew out there already. Looks like they are pouring concrete?
    They better put in 24 hour days, now. Our resident engineer doesnt believe we have much of a shot before possibly April.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    They better put in 24 hour days, now. Our resident engineer doesnt believe we have much of a shot before possibly April.

Z
    Is Helmut the 'resident engineer?' I don't think I've seen a definitive date from him, although right above he says he's not sure how much of the season will be lost.

Is Helmut the 'resident engineer?' I don't think I've seen a definitive date from him, although right above he says he's not sure how much of the season will be lost.
    I'd be willing to bet that owner 1/3 our home games won't be played in Tigue Moore. Then Scott Farmer will blame Lemoine.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    So the Cox building will be taken down before the new Clubhouse is built therefore the coach and players will have to move out of the Cox building when the roof is sealed around the columns that will go through the old clubhousePlease don't advertise this because the school to the east of us and the one to the north of us.way north, will have a field day on that plan.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  130.3 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 840
Size:  130.4 KB

Frenchie, Ruston won't be making fun of anything. Their new football locker room is a maze with all the columns in it. There's more, these are just the only 2 pics I took

The only reason I am not sure is because I don't know exactly where they are on the time line. Once they finish with the slab on grade that will give me a hard point and then I can compare that point with the same point on original time line. What I do know is they had originally projected completion of the demolition at the end of June and from what I can tell they finished demolition in the first week of August. That puts them about 5 weeks behind the original time line. What I don't know is what affect the rains in August had on the work schedule. I suspect at least a week but that's a guess.

The only reason I am not sure is because I don't know exactly where they are on the time line. Once they finish with the slab on grade that will give me a hard point and then I can compare that point with the same point on original time line. What I do know is they had originally projected completion of the demolition at the end of June and from what I can tell they finished demolition in the first week of August. That puts them about 5 weeks behind the original time line. What I don't know is what affect the rains in August had on the work schedule. I suspect at least a week but that's a guess.
    Understoodbut that's my point: we certainly all agree that there was a significant delay, but we really don't have a firm grasp yet of how delayed we are. And I for one will believe you, once you are able to make that projection.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

Frenchie, Ruston won't be making fun of anything. Their new football locker room is a maze with all the columns in it. There's more, these are just the only 2 pics I took
    Butthose aren't columns.they are racks to hold up all those nifty tv screens. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Link does not work today.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post

Looks like the laundry room for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Link does not work today.
    The whole ragincajuns.com website has been down this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    The whole ragincajuns.com website has been down this morning.
    Website is back up and they did indeed make a pour this morning. Progress

It rained in August? You sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Website is back up and they did indeed make a pour this morning. Progress
    They quit working after the pour or because there's a football game tonight at 7:00 PM?

Page 11 of 162 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 . LastLast

Thread Information