Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I wish we would have kept that play in the bag for a better situation Going for 2 there in the first place was idiotic.
    I agree completely! The only reasoning I could think of was to send a message to the place kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    The amazing thing about the ill advised 2pt conversion attempt is we called a timeout before the first attempt. So we gave 10+ coaches a couple of minutes to do simple math and not one was able to tell Hud it was a poor decision. How can one coach not scream at Hud during that timeout and convince him he's being a meathead?

Also, running the ball at the end of the game when kneeling will suffice is uber meathead.
    I thought they had a cheatsheet card for that? If not then find the coach who is best at this kind of stuff and confer with him every TD. I just can't think of one reason how going for 2 made any sense at all. Come on all you RP coachs, was it just a mistake? if so what could he have been thinking? maybe Jenkins changed the play at the line. lol

3. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Unless he thought kicking an extra point was a bigger miss risk than going for two.

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Could he have been afraid of the kick being blocked and going the other direction for two? That is absolutely the only thing that could possibly made an iota of sense.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Come on all you RP coachs, was it just a mistake? if so what could he have been thinking?
    I need to cover my bet? JK

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I agree completely! The only reasoning I could think of was to send a message to the place kicker.
    Yep. That is the ONLY reason that kinda sorta makes sense. If that was intentional, I get it but still disagree. If that was not thr reason, then Hud needs a refresher on thr rules of football

Was Artigue injured?

Quote Originally Posted by raoul View Post
    Was Artigue injured?
    Makes you realize just how valuable Brett Bayer was hah. We could on side kick at any point during the game, FGs and extra points were nails. Maybe not an Aussee leg but he could pin em back at the 1/2 yard line on the regular. Don't find em like that everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Makes you realize just how valuable Brett Bayer was hah. We could on side kick at any point during the game, FGs and extra points were nails. Maybe not an Aussee leg but he could pin em back at the 1/2 yard line on the regular. Don't find em like that everyday.
    He was the best onside kicker I have ever seen.

Artigue was pulled due to missing extra points and a routine FG.

11. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I need to cover my bet? JK
    So a former player, my wife, and others are wondering and he said that would be question #1 at the QB Club---I am thinking as we keep adding it up what is the reason---finally taking a much needed wizz after the game the guy in the next stall says it was to cover the spread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Artigue was pulled due to missing extra points and a routine FG.
    Hell, at this point we should track down that kid who kicked for cash and have him strap on a helmet and some pads

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Hell, at this point we should track down that kid who kicked for cash and have him strap on a helmet and some pads
    Little does anyone know, but those are try outs.

I think it's a mentality many coaches have.kickers are taken for granted. Hud and Sean Peyton are from the same mold.

Notice Stevie's kick offs were all returned after he got pulled from place kicking. Before, they were not. HUD inherited BB. He hasn't not recruited anything close, plain and simple.

15. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Unless he thought kicking an extra point was a bigger miss risk than going for two.
    That's what I was thinking.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . LastLast

Thread Information