Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I like to see the improvement. We have some play makers on offense. I thought Otha Peters had his strongest game as a Cajun. He was everywhere. We need to find a kicker.

I maintain, we have a bottom tier coaching staff in the SBC.

Tulane gave Navy everything they could handle. We better be ready. Their defense is for real.
    The talent on this team is pretty good. as many of us have said. I saw guys on both sides of the ball starting to get comfortable on the college field and make plays. Our coaching staff. as many of us have said. is lagging our players in talent. I haven't watched Tulane. That is a huge game for us at this point. Being 3-1 could set this ship right for the season.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RedCajun View Post
    The stAte cheap shots have been much worse under Anderson than they were under Harsin
    And that is clearly on the coaching staff. Every team has players that will take cheap shots if coaches allow or encourage it. Ark State coaches are _______s.

PS The name calling I just did is totally appropriate. The name is earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    The talent on this team is pretty good. as many of us have said. I saw guys on both sides of the ball starting to get comfortable on the college field and make plays. Our coaching staff. as many of us have said. is lagging our players in talent. I haven't watched Tulane. That is a huge game for us at this point. Being 3-1 could set this ship right for the season.
    The talent is obviously there.at times the coaching isn't. This game @ Tulane is absolutely huge! If we can play against the run like we did last night we should be fine. 3-1 is just what the doctor ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by BSU FAN View Post
    Good evening Cajun Fans. Just saw the score of todays game on ESPN. From what I've read above, it sounds as if things are looking up. Congrads and keep it up. Geaux Ragin' Cajuns. On a side note, I remember a few comments about Harsin and the cheap shots and dirty play of Ark. St. when he was there. After watching the Utah St./Ark. St. game last nite, I think it is more the players than anything else, but it is up to the coaches to put an end to that type of play. Ark St. definitely plays dirty.
    It's been like this for the last 5 years or so. Troy was the same way a few years back as was FIU.hell, FIU may take the cake! It all falls on the coaching.

Thanks for checking in and being a class act. Best of luck!

First things first, best defensive effort from a Cajuns team since the Nevada bowl win. Switching to the 4-2-5 have turned Otha Peters and Tremaine Lightfoot into some monsters.

Secondly, we are more talented across the board than every team left on the schedule aside from App St and Georgia. That doesn't mean we will win every game, but the talent is there.

Offensively we saw a pretty good game plan, but had some boneheaded play calling moments. We (Munoz) still need to figure out how to run the right plays at the right times to start scoring more efficiently. We leave so many points off the board on offense it blows my mind. We left at least 17 off the board against McNeese and easily another 17 last night.

Anthony Jennings is on a whole different level in the Sun Belt. How this guy wasn't more successful at LSU blows my mind. He is so far ahead of the game it's ridiculous. There were pass plays last night where he made his read, saw the opening in the defense before they even knew it. He is a very heady QB.

The 2 point conversion play was a thing of beauty. Too bad McGuire didn't execute it properly. If he flips the ball to Bradley like the play was designed then Bradley walks into the end zone. It was wide open. The backside was vacated, even if someone stepped up there was a run pass option for Bradley and Jennings was all alone in the corner of the end zone. McGuire just didn't pitch it when he should have.

Also we need to continue to run the offense when trying to milk the clock. I can't stand running plays not designed to gain yardage.

Finally, FIND A DAMN KICKER!!!!! Artigue cost us 6 points last night. 3 on the missed FG, 2 xp and had he made the FG and XP's then we don't go for 2.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    First things first, best defensive effort from a Cajuns team since the Nevada bowl win. Switching to the 4-2-5 have turned Otha Peters and Tremaine Lightfoot into some monsters.

Secondly, we are more talented across the board than every team left on the schedule aside from App St and Georgia. That doesn't mean we will win every game, but the talent is there.

Offensively we saw a pretty good game plan, but had some boneheaded play calling moments. We (Munoz) still need to figure out how to run the right plays at the right times to start scoring more efficiently. We leave so many points off the board on offense it blows my mind. We left at least 17 off the board against McNeese and easily another 17 last night.

Anthony Jennings is on a whole different level in the Sun Belt. How this guy wasn't more successful at LSU blows my mind. He is so far ahead of the game it's ridiculous. There were pass plays last night where he made his read, saw the opening in the defense before they even knew it. He is a very heady QB.

The 2 point conversion play was a thing of beauty. Too bad McGuire didn't execute it properly. If he flips the ball to Bradley like the play was designed then Bradley walks into the end zone. It was wide open. The backside was vacated, even if someone stepped up there was a run pass option for Bradley and Jennings was all alone in the corner of the end zone. McGuire just didn't pitch it when he should have.

Also we need to continue to run the offense when trying to milk the clock. I can't stand running plays not designed to gain yardage.

Finally, FIND A DAMN KICKER!!!!! Artigue cost us 6 points last night. 3 on the missed FG, 2 xp and had he made the FG and XP's then we don't go for 2.
    I wish we would have kept that play in the bag for a better situation Going for 2 there in the first place was idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

Agree with basically everything here. Very happy to see what appeared to be vast improvement in the secondary. We were all worried about South AL's QB gutting our defense.

On to next week. Get a win in New Orleans, and this season starts to look really interesting.

I wish we would have kept that play in the bag for a better situation Going for 2 there in the first place was idiotic.
    Made no sense at all. Very Les Milesish.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Agree with basically everything here. Very happy to see what appeared to be vast improvement in the secondary. We were all worried about South AL's QB gutting our defense.

On to next week. Get a win in New Orleans, and this season starts to look really interesting.
    Most encouraging thing I saw: players were in position to make plays on defense (with exception of the last TD pass to their TE).

The amazing thing about the ill advised 2pt conversion attempt is we called a timeout before the first attempt. So we gave 10+ coaches a couple of minutes to do simple math and not one was able to tell Hud it was a poor decision. How can one coach not scream at Hud during that timeout and convince him he's being a meathead?

Also, running the ball at the end of the game when kneeling will suffice is uber meathead.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by marine dude View Post
    The amazing thing about the ill advised 2pt conversion attempt is we called a timeout before the first attempt. So we gave 10+ coaches a couple of minutes to do simple math and not one was able to tell Hud it was a poor decision. How can one coach not scream at Hud during that timeout and convince him he's being a meathead?

Also, running the ball at the end of the game when kneeling will suffice is uber meathead.
    Right. The guys that called the game were essentially laughing at the coaching decisions throughout the football game.

Look for Louisiana to replace stAte in the bowl projections. Not that it means anything, but it's still nice to be in consideration. Next week in NOLA is huge.

Right. The guys that called the game were essentially laughing at the coaching decisions throughout the football game.
    If it weren't so simple, it wouldn't be so frustrating. Compounding it by burning what could be a valuable timeout is icing on the cake. Coaches can be so smart and so dumb at the same time.

Individual talent came through again last night. Even with the kicking game issues, 2 INTs, and the coaching staff brain lock about 20 times last night. the team performed well. Those of you that argued about how good our WRs are. now you see what was said. Those that weren't sure of Jennings (or Jenkins. as Brain Kinchings likes to say). now you see what was said. Jennings fits us to the tee. He may fit us better than any QB we've had in a decade. We must keep Jennings healthy. And as for Nixon. either the true wildcat. or he doesn't see the field.

I'd really like to see a game where we get so far ahead we get JD in the game. Our WRs are starting to find their rhythm. We need JD in some mop up duty to get his confidence going.

I hope what I saw out of our defense is the package switch and Lucas getting control over basic defense. If our defense continues to improve. this year has some real promise. I sure would like to demolish Tulane at Tulane.

Do they not have the chart? The chart even says kick at 11 pt lead. Somebody email that to hud. How about boomer? 😂

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 . LastLast

Thread Information