Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21

Thread: Final: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

We won.move on

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    We won.move on
    Is that what the chart says? I'm sorry coach! Couldn't resist.

Lol. Look, I'll be the 1st one to say Coaches make mistakes. They work to minimize them. If we make mistakes and win and improve then mission accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Lol. Look, I'll be the 1st one to say Coaches make mistakes. They work to minimize them. If we make mistakes and win and improve then mission accomplished.
    I understand and I certainly agree with you. I guess I'm just a little surprised that this hasn't been discussed more. With all the things that I see people criticizing our coaches for (Most recently it was the coaches fault that Simeon Thomas missed 3 tackles in the Boise game), this is one aspect for which you have total control of the game and your decision directly affects the game. In many aspects, I think coaches are given way too much credit and too much blame for what happens on the field and that many fans essentially look at the players as almost robots that if they are coached well during practice it automatically turns into good play on gameday which is crap. f

In this situation, I just can't believe that more people were not upset hearing the true story how trivial it made the decision and more importantly, how they could miss the obviousness of the proper decision when sitting in a timeout. To me that was a bigger mistake than what they are crucified for here and its crazy.

5. UL Football Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Funny how some coaches go somewhere and things get better right away, and stay better like Bama. Other places, like Kansas State for example, the coach built a crap program into something, retired it fell apart, he came back and are good again.

It's always the coaches. They recruit or don't the players of ability and warrior attitude, they develop those qualities or don't. They make or don't make good game day decisions. Hud has put Nixon in two important fourth down situations and both failed.

If it isn't the coaches we can get a caretaker for a lot less than a million bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Funny how some coaches go somewhere and things get better right away, and stay better like Bama. Other places, like Kansas State for example, the coach built a crap program into something, retired it fell apart, he came back and are good again.

It's always the coaches. They recruit or don't the players of ability and warrior attitude, they develop those qualities or don't. They make or don't make good game day decisions. Hud has put Nixon in two important fourth down situations and both failed.

If it isn't the coaches we can get a caretaker for a lot less than a million bucks.
    Michigan is a prime example.

7. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I understand and I certainly agree with you. I guess I'm just a little surprised that this hasn't been discussed more. With all the things that I see people criticizing our coaches for (Most recently it was the coaches fault that Simeon Thomas missed 3 tackles in the Boise game), this is one aspect for which you have total control of the game and your decision directly affects the game. In many aspects, I think coaches are given way too much credit and too much blame for what happens on the field and that many fans essentially look at the players as almost robots that if they are coached well during practice it automatically turns into good play on gameday which is crap. f

In this situation, I just can't believe that more people were not upset hearing the true story how trivial it made the decision and more importantly, how they could miss the obviousness of the proper decision when sitting in a timeout. To me that was a bigger mistake than what they are crucified for here and its crazy.
    Wins cover over a multitude of major mistakes.

Losses magnify minor miscues.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21

Thread Information