Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Hud just admitted we went for 2 in the 4th because the 2 pt chart in the game plan notes was wrong. Up 11 should be XP but the GA put a wrong chart in which called for going for 2 there. He said as soon as the game was over he went and checked it against last season's chart and sure enough it was different. He laughed it off because it didn't matter in the end, but they got that fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Hud just admitted we went for 2 in the 4th because the 2 pt chart in the game plan notes was wrong. Up 11 should be XP but the GA put a wrong chart in which called for going for 2 there. He said as soon as the game was over he went and checked it against last season's chart and sure enough it was different. He laughed it off because it didn't matter in the end, but they got that fixed.
    Ahhhh mystery solved. Glad he admitted it and didn't try to justify after the fact.

That said, they called a timeout. You think someone would have looked at the scoreboard and given it a little thought huh? I mean, I was drunk and I knew that was a bad decision.perhaps this is a case of of Hud's assistants being scared to xross him. If that's true, then that's a very bad sign imo.

Ah well, hopefully I'm blowing this out of proportion

3. Default

I hope there is a simple explanation for the other coaching blunders and game management nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I hope there is a simple explanation for the other coaching blunders and game management nightmares
    There is indeed, MAT. He's experimenting with the Les Miles coaching method

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    There is indeed, MAT. He's experimenting with the Les Miles coaching method
    Hadn't seen him chewing on bits of turf or rolling some rubber pellets around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    2 things.
    1. Why didn't the victory bell get louder from last week?
    2. Why is a grad assistant in charge of telling hud whether to go for 2 or kick the PAT. These are things head coaches shouldn't have issues with
    There was a typo in the chart. Apparently coaches use charts to tell them when to go for two or not. I was never a fan of going for two unless you are behind.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    There was a typo in the chart. Apparently coaches use charts to tell them when to go for two or not. I was never a fan of going for two unless you are behind.
    They should try basic arithmetic rather than a chart. But then again, I heard they take their iPhones away during the game.

Calm down everyone. So what if Hud went for 2?
    Our kicker couldn't put the ball through the uprights if they were the width of the field Saturday night. That's the bigger issue. I can't blame Hud for going for 2.

Kicker almost cost us the game. And we still have 9 games left on the schedule. I hope it doesn't come back to bit us in the arse later on

Agree that victory bell needs to be louder!

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Calm down everyone. So what if Hud went for 2?
    Our kicker couldn't put the ball through the uprights if they were the width of the field Saturday night. That's the bigger issue. I can't blame Hud for going for 2.

Kicker almost cost us the game. And we still have 9 games left on the schedule. I hope it doesn't come back to bit us in the arse later on

Agree that victory bell needs to be louder!
    That's not why he went for two.

Wow! If the play is executed properly it's an easy 2pt conversion and everyone would be proclaiming it an awesome play. McGuire messed up and didn't toss it.

The time out was a waste though.

Default Re: Battle of the Victory Bell Band

He could have gone for 2 or not in that situation.we've all carried a situational chart in this businessimprove and win, improve and winthat's all that matters.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Wow! If the play is executed properly it's an easy 2pt conversion and everyone would be proclaiming it an awesome play. McGuire messed up and didn't toss it.

The time out was a waste though.
    If everyone would have gotten a free beer during that time out, everyone would be proclaiming it was an awesome timeout. But you would have messed up and spilled yours.

Ringing the bell was a waste though.

Default Re: Battle of the Victory Bell Band

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    He could have gone for 2 or not in that situation.we've all carried a situational chart in this businessimprove and win, improve and winthat's all that matters.
    Sounds like a mantra that should be on each coach's situational chart, "improve and win, improve and winthat's all that matters."

14. Default Re: Battle of the Victory Bell Band

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    ---Had the thing I think memorized at one time---Can't remember the little notes on some that were interchangeable depending on the time remaining in the game, but there were some---This brings up the situation with HUD's handling special teams---think he should have someone full time for that!!! Just the organization, filling of spots, and actual coaching is very time consuming---not sure how they delegate, but punt and returns, kick offs and returns, offense and defense for all kicks (onside, touchbacks, etc) A whole bunch of crap to be a very much covered part of the game!!!

They needed a chart for that decision???

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information