Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread: Final: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

A photo of the crowd during the third quarter

Hud's decisions were awful. We score and go up by 11, then go for 2 when kicking the extra point puts you up by 2 touchdowns. Also, he challenged a 3 yard completion & lost our last time out.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Hud's decisions were awful. We score and go up by 11, then go for 2 when kicking the extra point puts you up by 2 touchdowns. Also, he challenged a 3 yard completion & lost our last time out.
    I used to think it was just Hud's ego that was affecting his decision making about running the same plays over and over agan and watching them fail.

But, after seeing him struggle with simple math and making the bad decision to go for 2 I am starting to wonder just how well Hud is at critical thinking andbeing smart.

Not one person is going to ask Hud to explain his reasoning when he decided to go for 2 in post game interview? C'mon maaaaannn!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Not one person is going to ask Hud to explain his reasoning when he decided to go for 2 in post game interview? C'mon maaaaannn!!!!
    They did on the Rage. He explanation made no sense. He said "until they (NCAA) move the extra point to the 33 yard line, going for 2 was the right decision there" ???

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    Kicking game (placekicing) notwithstanding, solid performance by the Cajuns. McGuire was his old self tonight, once we decided to run the football, secondary actually covered people for the most part, and Jennings knows how to lead a football team. Of course there are areas for improvement, but at least we're making progress. I actually see more wins than losses on our schedule for the first time. I'm tempering my enthusiasm, but I like what I saw tonight.

Geaux Cajuns!!
    Agreed. Run defense was especially good, much improved. Jennings is really good - mis threw a few, sure but for the most part he was on point. Eli was Eli. Big win!

I honestly wasn't expecting a W tonight but we got it done (despite some head scratching coaching decisions and the kicking game).

If we can play the run D we played tonight next weekend, we'll be 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    They did on the Rage. He explanation made no sense. He said "until they (NCAA) move the extra point to the 33 yard line, going for 2 was the right decision there" ???
    Lol that makes about as much sense as Dan continuing to call the SBC baseball tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Redgineer View Post
    I did hear that but his answer made no sense at all. I didn't know that was the actual question. That is right up there with his decision to throw the pick 6 at end of 1st half against Tech last year.

Hud is not that smartsmart enough to make $1M / year from Scott Farmer.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have to eat some words regarding the screens/swing passes we kept running early in the game. I was cursing in the stands and biotching about Nick Byrne being our Jimmy Graham of blocking.

Those plays def set up our 2 long passing plays.

10. Default Re: In-Game Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

I like to see the improvement. We have some play makers on offense. I thought Otha Peters had his strongest game as a Cajun. He was everywhere. We need to find a kicker.

I maintain, we have a bottom tier coaching staff in the SBC.

Tulane gave Navy everything they could handle. We better be ready. Their defense is for real.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    The Nixon experiment is fruitless yet ongoing.
    I keep putting my money on naked pictures.lol.

Both picks should not have happened. Jennings didn't get the ball high and out with pressuring coming. The other.was a good pass, Riles wasn't full speed until he saw the ball was long.

Still a good win.

We left 5 points from the kicking game and 3 or 6 more on that 4th failure. Need to clean that up.

AJ is the man and the leader of this team! Time to bust some yatt azz next week!

Guys, in spite of some of play calls, we really did well in the second half. There were bumps in the road, but Jennings hung in there. That guy is our ace in the hole. Last years' team probably would have lost that game.

Anyway, besides the win, look at what it'll do. At least to most fans. The Tulane game next week, just got infinitely bigger. This next week will be fun and the game on Saturday even more fun. If any of you are like me, you just got really pumped about Ragin Cajuns football. It's been a year since I could say that. Geaux Cajuns, enjoy a week of winning, and get your butts to NOLA. This team has earned a bit of support.

Good evening Cajun Fans. Just saw the score of todays game on ESPN. From what I've read above, it sounds as if things are looking up. Congrads and keep it up. Geaux Ragin' Cajuns. On a side note, I remember a few comments about Harsin and the cheap shots and dirty play of Ark. St. when he was there. After watching the Utah St./Ark. St. game last nite, I think it is more the players than anything else, but it is up to the coaches to put an end to that type of play. Ark St. definitely plays dirty.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by BSU FAN View Post
    Good evening Cajun Fans. Just saw the score of todays game on ESPN. From what I've read above, it sounds as if things are looking up. Congrads and keep it up. Geaux Ragin' Cajuns. On a side note, I remember a few comments about Harsin and the cheap shots and dirty play of Ark. St. when he was there. After watching the Utah St./Ark. St. game last nite, I think it is more the players than anything else, but it is up to the coaches to put an end to that type of play. Ark St. definitely plays dirty.
    The stAte cheap shots have been much worse under Anderson than they were under Harsin

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . LastLast

Thread Information