Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

1. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

People like to compare us to ULM.
    Look at who ULM is hosting in the next 3 years.

The difference is simple.
    Brian Wickstrom = real AD
    Scott Farmer and his Mickey Mouse staff = well, y'all know.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I admit that I don't know the answer to this but am trying to remember---Didn't we give revenue outside raised funds to athletics that were more than the transfer funds would have been? And by doing this we could say that the program was self sufficient and was not actually classed with all the state schools other than LSU? I do know that there was a lawmaker that raised the case to cut travel expenses to the schools that were using that money---does anybody know the answer to this?
    Nope, the auxiliary fees are not more than $7.6 plus we get from the transfer. You can be self sufficient when you have other revenue streams set up, until then you are choking your athletic program.

Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Maybe we need the extra P5 payday to help pay for the Tigue? HaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Maybe we need the extra P5 payday to help pay for the Tigue? HaHa!
    Too soon Duggie

Series with Miss State announced

Attached Images Attached Images  

Louisiana Sets Series With Mississippi State, To Open 2019 Season In Dome
    http://www.katc.com/story/33103663/l.season-in-dome

- UMASS
    - Kentucky
    - North Texas
    - Missouri
    - South Carolina

This florida's home schedule this year, is it possible we are too hard on farmer? At least he isnt as dishonest as alleva?

[QUOTE=31Ragin97;951221]

Two points:1) Florida plays in the SEC 2) I look at what his peers in his own conference schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    - UMASS
    - Kentucky
    - North Texas
    - Missouri
    - South Carolina

This florida's home schedule this year, is it possible we are too hard on farmer? At least he isnt as dishonest as alleva?
    No we are no to hard on Farmer. Call Alleva what you want but I applaud him and LSU for keeping their home game Nov 19.

[QUOTE=CajunT;951222]

Two points:1) Florida plays in the SEC 2) I look at what his peers in his own conference schedule.
    so that old argument again. so if we already were in the SEC an easy OOC sked is lauded, but it takes a tough one to "move up". is that the ole' double standard again? why don't they move down if their AD's are doing a "farmer like" job?

edit not sure what happened, but I apologize as I did not write what it says is quoted, sorry.

[QUOTE=31Ragin97;951328]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

so that old argument again. so if we already were in the SEC an easy OOC sked is lauded, but it takes a tough one to "move up". is that the ole' double standard again? why don't they move down if their AD's are doing a "farmer like" job?

edit not sure what happened, but I apologize as I did not write what it says is quoted, sorry.
    Well, when your home conference games do not include FCS call ups and programs that have only been around for 5 years, then yes you get some wiggle room for out of conference schedules. Florida can afford to do that. WE CAN'T.

[QUOTE=CajunJack55;951345]

Well, when your home conference games do not include FCS call ups and programs that have only been around for 5 years, then yes you get some wiggle room for out of conference schedules. Florida can afford to do that. WE CAN'T.
    big ten and big 12 doesn't have that wiggle room now do they? hmm. im not saying you are wrong when compared to us, but how can you say it isn't a double standard

[QUOTE=31Ragin97;951328]

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

No, it's reality. When you play in the SEC every year and beat each other up, your schedule strenght is not a problem. There will be changes soon in the P5 concerning scheduling programs with RPIs out of the top 50 outside of your conference. But our problems are much different, we are not in a power conference so pointing to Florida's schedule in comparison to what we are currently doing is nothing more than deflection. What our peers are doing scheduling for the future in our conference is more relevant. You spend entirely too much time being concerned with other programs. None of us are supporting those programs financially, we support UL.

makes sense

but I think the stats show this idea of "oh its the sec" is waning as an argument very, very quickly but you are right it doesn't amount a hill of beans to us. (so last point-remember when they said OU and Texas both had atrocious defenses this weekend, but they forgot to tell us that those vaunted SEC defenses of top ten TENN And TXAM allowed more yards?) hmmm. but I digress

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7

Thread Information