Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    We are paying more money than ever, so we are paying our "fair share". UL is making their money, trust me. Its just not labeled student fees
    They're labeled fees, just not athletic fees. But in no way are they equal to $4 mil to $5 mil, or more in student fees. Outside of UL and ULM which have none, most SBC programs student fees account for 50% or more of the athletic budgets. Student fees wouldn't be as necessary at this time had Dr. Savoie taken his allowed state transfer for athletics the last two years, he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    They're labeled fees, just not athletic fees. But in no way are they equal to $4 mil to $5 mil, or more in student fees. Outside of UL and ULM which have none, most SBC programs student fees account for 50% or more of the athletic budgets. Student fees wouldn't be as necessary at this time had Dr. Savoie taken his allowed state transfer for athletics the last two years, he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    As of now,

App State has home games scheduled with Miami(FL), Wake Forest, Southern Miss and Marshall

Arkansas State has home games scheduled with Miami (FL), Iowa State, Tulsa, Memphis and UNLV

Georgia State has home games scheduled with North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Army and Memphis

Georgia Southern has home games scheduled with UMASS and Kent state

South Alabama has home games scheduled with Oklahoma State, San Deigo State, LaTech, Memphis and Southern Miss

Texas State has home games scheduled with Baylor, Houston, Arizona State, and SMU

Troy has homes games with Nc State, Boise State and Southern Miss

ULM has home games with Southern Miss and Memphis

I say the only school we are doing better than is Georgia Southern and possibly ULM.that is not good.
    I would say we are doing better than TX State and that's about it. I'd take all those other schools OOC schedule over ours.

Spoke about our home slate with a Tech alum at my office. Tech has 5 home games this year.as well as two money games, and their first home game was a 1-AA school.not an in-state 1-AA, mind you. UTEP, W Kentucky, Rice, & UTSA don't set the world on fire for a home conference slate.it's miles better than the ____ sandwich we have to eat next year. Now.here is the kicker. They parlayed a crappy year into a 7 game home schedule in 2017 that includes Northwestern St, Mississippi State, South Al, and one money game at South Carolina, and then their 4 conference home games which should include Southern Miss and North Texas.

I tell this guy all the time.can we subcontract out your AD? Cause ours is ____. #FireScottFarmer

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I would say we are doing better than TX State and that's about it. I'd take all those other schools OOC schedule over ours.
    Huh? Better than Texas State? They have Baylor, Houston and Arizona State coming to their place??

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Spoke about our home slate with a Tech alum at my office. Tech has 5 home games this year.as well as two money games, and their first home game was a 1-AA school.not an in-state 1-AA, mind you. UTEP, W Kentucky, Rice, & UTSA don't set the world on fire for a home conference slate.it's miles better than the ____ sandwich we have to eat next year. Now.here is the kicker. They parlayed a crappy year into a 7 game home schedule in 2017 that includes Northwestern St, Mississippi State, South Al, and one money game at South Carolina, and then their 4 conference home games which should include Southern Miss and North Texas.

I tell this guy all the time.can we subcontract out your AD? Cause ours is ____. #FireScottFarmer
    Those are all very winnable non conference games for Tech next year.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post

That is where getting out information is important. Transparency. Tell us why we should accept a crappy 2017 home schedule. Are we working on a great future schedule? No further information only leads us to believe that there is no future payoff and that this is the best we can do. Even though we see almost everyone scheduling home games we would love to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    That is where getting out information is important. Transparency. Tell us why we should accept a crappy 2017 home schedule. Are we working on a great future schedule? No further information only leads us to believe that there is no future payoff and that this is the best we can do. Even though we see almost everyone scheduling home games we would love to have.
    Exactly. Jay said on his show yesterday that the University is no longer planning on scheduling one home and two away games with P5s, my question is why? All other schools on our level are doing it, and it's working for them.

9. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    ---I admit that I don't know the answer to this but am trying to remember---Didn't we give revenue outside raised funds to athletics that were more than the transfer funds would have been? And by doing this we could say that the program was self sufficient and was not actually classed with all the state schools other than LSU? I do know that there was a lawmaker that raised the case to cut travel expenses to the schools that were using that money---does anybody know the answer to this?

10. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Exactly. Jay said on his show yesterday that the University is no longer planning on scheduling one home and two away games with P5s, my question is why? All other schools on our level are doing it, and it's working for them.
    If he said that, that's infuriating. Like you posted yesterday, the 2 for 1 arrangement is working for G5 schools (pretty sure that's how we got Boise St). As a ticket holder and donor, I demand to know why we are no longer employing this tactic? So you're telling me, if Ole Miss would come to the table for a 2 for 1 scheduling agreement, they would turn them down?

Guys, Farmer and Savoie have put their ingnorance about collegiate sports on display many times before, but this is a glaring indictment of their future planning.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    If he said that, that's infuriating. Like you posted yesterday, the 2 for 1 arrangement is working for G5 schools (pretty sure that's how we got Boise St). As a ticket holder and donor, I demand to know why we are no longer employing this tactic? So you're telling me, if Ole Miss would come to the table for a 2 for 1 scheduling agreement, they would turn them down?

Guys, Farmer and Savoie have put their ingnorance about collegiate sports on display many times before, but this is a glaring indictment of their future planning.
    Boise was a true home and home. I think the last time we did it was Oklahoma State. I would love an explanation and think it would be a great question next time Farmer is on the show.

Reason we do not like 2 for 1's is because you are not paid for either road game. I imagine we would be OK with it if we were paid something for the 2nd road game.

Most of you will think I'm stupid, but I don't care.

I have no problem with an in-state FCS, 2 road P5's, and a home and home with a G5 provided that G5 is from the MWC, AAC or select CUSA schools.

This program is in dire need of self generated revenue and P5 wins.

14. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Reason we do not like 2 for 1's is because you are not paid for either road game. I imagine we would be OK with it if we were paid something for the 2nd road game.
    As I understand it, Okie St was and 1 and 1 and the the return trip we made was a money game.

15. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Most of you will think I'm stupid, but I don't care.

I have no problem with an in-state FCS, 2 road P5's, and a home and home with a G5 provided that G5 is from the MWC, AAC or select CUSA schools.

This program is in dire need of self generated revenue and P5 wins.
    What this program is in dire need of is leadership. Perhaps an AD that can accomplishes the job of the Atheltic Director's job: 1) Raise money 2) schedule.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information