Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling is about having relationships with other schools. I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling can tell us about the health and future of our program.

If our relationships with upper tier G5s aren't strong enough to sign a home and home contract, how in the hell are we supposed to believe the relationships are strong enough to support our membership in their conference?
    To be fair, most of these are home and two away.but still your point is valid.

That is a terrible home schedule next year. Right now the only interesting game is Ga. Southern.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    No, it's by incompetence!
    C'MON, T--we'll take a call from ANYONE who wants to come here to play us!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

There has never been an easier time to schedule in the history of sports.

Yep, I hate to say it but next year might be the year that I drop my tailgate spot. Its a lot of time and money to spend for a schedule like this.

6. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    To be fair, most of these are home and two away.but still your point is valid.
    I'd gladly play a 2-1 with UNC or Miami to get those schools to Lafayette. That shows the willingness to negotiate, or do what it takes to get things done, by competent Atheltic Directors in our PEER CONFERENCE. But no, our AD gets on local radio and rips other ADs for doing their jobs, and putting their schools first.

I'd gladly play a 2-1 with UNC or Miami to get those schools to Lafayette. That shows the willingness to negotiate, or do what it takes to get things done, by competent Atheltic Directors in our PEER CONFERENCE. But no, our AD gets on local radio and rips other ADs for doing their jobs, and putting their schools first.
    Agree 1000% just wanted full disclosure before it got pointed out

So my question is, who could possibly defend anyone in the Atheltic offices on this? I mean, you just posted some pretty clear evidence. Why can't we put together a schedule that's on par with the majority of the sunbelt? I'm speaking in relative terms now, completely ignoring where we "aspire to be".

IMO, this is also indicative of the relationships we are forging with upper tier G5 schools.
    good point, guess sunbelt isn't too shabby, so we cant use that excuse, lol.
    although the big boys might only want to play the ones they think they can beat, so maybe they are still a little scared of us? (hopefully?lol)

Quote Originally Posted by 31Ragin97 View Post
    good point, guess sunbelt isn't too shabby, so we cant use that excuse, lol.
    although the big boys might only want to play the ones they think they can beat, so maybe they are still a little scared of us? (hopefully?lol)
    Boone, North Carolina and Jonesboro, Arkansas are much harder places to win at than Lafayette, LA. That excuse doesn't fly anymore.

5 home gamesthis is a joke

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    C'MON, T--we'll take a call from ANYONE who wants to come here to play us!!
    Now that's funny stuff! LMFAO!

12. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

If/when Farmer gets an extension next July, it will prove what some have been saying here for a while now. Savoie's "front porch" speech was propaganda.

That schedule is a huge step backwards.Here's something to consider, and yes, its part of their jobs at some level to be involved with schedulingall/most of the schools mentioned in the above peer schedule post utilize IMG or some other (Learfield) sports marketing firm. App State does, most of the out of sunbelt schools do.I get the big schools heading into Ga.State, its Atlanta and there are many advantages to playing there as there are playing a school like Tulane.its a weekend in NOLA.

Just ask the other coaches at UL, who do most if not all of their scheduling (right?) its all about relationships. Hud has em, SF doesn't. Just another pebble to his pile, and that pile gets larger by the day. When you have that crappy of a home schedule, you need to put a couple of money games on it just to break even. What a dunce.

Scheduling an FCS team should be able to get you that sixth home game. We are now scheduling FCS teams to get to five home games. Hud cannot be happy with this schedule. 2 money games is something we have not done since 2012 and frankly, I thought that we had moved past that as a program. Is this a one year thing? This is another example that in spite of RCAF and individual donations at great numbers we are having to revert back to old ways of doing things just to maintain the status quo. Where is the money going? Could this be another result of the under funding of the athletic department by the university? Of course transparency and an explanation would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Scheduling an FCS team should be able to get you that sixth home game. We are now scheduling FCS teams to get to five home games. Hud cannot be happy with this schedule. 2 money games is something we have not done since 2012 and frankly, I thought that we had moved past that as a program. Is this a one year thing? This is another example that in spite of RCAF and individual donations at great numbers we are having to revert back to old ways of doing things just to maintain the status quo. Where is the money going? Could this be another result of the under funding of the athletic department by the university? Of course transparency and an explanation would be helpful.
    Transparency? How dare you question RCAF or the Athletic Department Bankruptcyman! Just send your checks, don't ask questions and keeping rubbing your glass slippers together repeating, "I think we can," "I think we can!"

Oh, BTW! Tune in this afternoon for another episode of asked the AD and I will tell you what you need to hear faceless buffoons!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 . LastLast

Thread Information