Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Thank goodness for the reshuffling of the conference I think because don't know if I could sit through look at what we have to look forward to next year. Starting to look like BB schedule.
    TxST
    GaSo
    NMSU
    ULM
    SLU

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    Thank goodness for the reshuffling of the conference I think because don't know if I could sit through look at what we have to look forward to next year. Starting to look like BB schedule.
    TxST
    GaSo
    NMSU
    ULM
    SLU
    Gross

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Might as well go independent in football with that schedule. Lock up a deal with the NO Bowl and play a nationwide schedule.
    We would get better home games that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    The FBS OOC match ups are pretty legit. Too bad they're all away games, but still good. Hopefully we can at least win one.
    Playing 2 road kill games again is not a good schedule. Sorry, that is not a good schedule and it hardly inspires season ticket holders to run out next year to purchase tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Let's compare our schedules through 2019 to the rest of the SBC (our peers) and see how the schedules add up. Facts are facts. The reasons (excuses perhaps) are irrelevant at this point.
    As of now,

App State has home games scheduled with Miami(FL), Wake Forest, Southern Miss and Marshall

Arkansas State has home games scheduled with Miami (FL), Iowa State, Tulsa, Memphis and UNLV

Georgia State has home games scheduled with North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Army and Memphis

Georgia Southern has home games scheduled with UMASS and Kent state

South Alabama has home games scheduled with Oklahoma State, San Deigo State, LaTech, Memphis and Southern Miss

Texas State has home games scheduled with Baylor, Houston, Arizona State, and SMU

Troy has homes games with Nc State, Boise State and Southern Miss

ULM has home games with Southern Miss and Memphis

I say the only school we are doing better than is Georgia Southern and possibly ULM.that is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Gross
    probably say same about us when they see La-Lafayette on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    As of now,

App State has home games scheduled with Miami(FL), Wake Forest, Southern Miss and Marshall

Arkansas State has home games scheduled with Miami (FL), Iowa State, Tulsa, Memphis and UNLV

Georgia State has home games scheduled with North Carolina, Vanderbilt, Army and Memphis

South Alabama has home games scheduled with Oklahoma State, San Deigo State, LaTech, Memphis and Southern Miss

Texas State has home games scheduled with Baylor, Houston, Arizona State, and SMU

I say the only school we are doing better than is Georgia Southern and possibly ULM.that is not good.
    But.but.butNo One Wants To Play Us!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    But.but.butNo One Wants To Play Us!
    is our ____ poor scheduling by design?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    is our ____ poor scheduling by design?
    No, it's by incompetence!

10. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

As of now,

So my question is, who could possibly defend anyone in the Atheltic offices on this? I mean, you just posted some pretty clear evidence. Why can't we put together a schedule that's on par with the majority of the sunbelt? I'm speaking in relative terms now, completely ignoring where we "aspire to be".

IMO, this is also indicative of the relationships we are forging with upper tier G5 schools.

So my question is, who could possibly defend anyone in the Atheltic offices on this? I mean, you just posted some pretty clear evidence. Why can't we put together a schedule that's on par with the majority of the sunbelt? I'm speaking in relative terms now, completely ignoring where we "aspire to be".
    Wait long enough and you will get a few red dots that will show you someone will! Or someone will be reading this thread and start calling fans "Turds In A Punch Bowl" right after his interview with Scott Farmer.

Not to mention

Tulane will be hosting Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Army

Lousiana Tech will be hosting Baylor and Mississippi State

It's clear, our AD just doesn't get it, and he's not going to. He's just prodding along doing what he knows, and we are not going to get to where we want to be as long as he is in charge of Athletics. The only chance of seeing positive changes, is when he is replaced. T-Joe is not concerned, he probably thinks he has done enough for Athletics for now.

14. Default Re: 2017 OOC Football Schedule

Not to mention

Tulane will be hosting Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and Army

Lousiana Tech will be hosting Baylor and Mississippi State
    I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling is about having relationships with other schools. I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling can tell us about the health and future of our program.

If our relationships with upper tier G5s aren't strong enough to sign a home and home contract, how in the hell are we supposed to believe the relationships are strong enough to support our membership in their conference?

I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling is about having relationships with other schools. I'm not sure people understand how much scheduling can tell us about the health and future of our program.

If our relationships with upper tier G5s aren't strong enough to sign a home and home contract, how in the hell are we supposed to believe the relationships are strong enough to support our membership in their conference?
    Bingo!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 . LastLast

Thread Information