Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

1. UL Football depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

Before UL faced Boise State in its season-opener last Saturday, the Ragin’ Cajuns listed their backup quarterback behind starter Anthony Jennings as Jalen Nixon “or” Jordan Davis.

Default Re: depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

Oh goody.

Our response should be one of more concern about Davis considering this is the guy that we were expecting to drive this thing for the next several years and he's been unable to beat out Nixon.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Our response should be one of more concern about Davis considering this is the guy that we were expecting to drive this thing for the next several years and he's been unable to beat out Nixon.
    In two words he summed up exactly what you stated.

Brought this up the other day. Our problem may be ____ poor recruiting AND the inability to accept the hype we all bought into was wrong. The discussion of guys with tons of "stars" in high school often don't pan out has been kicked around here before.

It's not a guarantee that a reportedly great high school stud will transfer that greatness to college. It's the nature of the beast, not just a UL problem.

Before anyone plays "it's not the players' fault", and don't slam them. I'm not. I am pointing the possible failure to honestly evaluate talent by our staff.

I don't care what others say but I am firmly behind the full investment into Deon Ray. Do it now. Invest all the coaching resources you have into getting this guy developed into the passer he needs to be. Get Jake working with him during the season if it takes this. Just do it now! If he doesn't work, so what? We can move him and he can be a great contributor in other areas but our QB situation can't get worse.

I'm not saying start him this year as Jennings will do just fine but he's only here for this year. Completely commit all resources we have into developing him for the future.

7. Default

I don't care what others say but I am firmly behind the full investment into Deon Ray. Do it now. Invest all the coaching resources you have into getting this guy developed into the passer he needs to be. Get Jake working with him during the season if it takes this. Just do it now! If he doesn't work, so what? We can move him and he can be a great contributor in other areas but our QB situation can't get worse.

I'm not saying start him this year as Jennings will do just fine but he's only here for this year. Completely commit all resources we have into developing him for the future.
    He. Can't. Throw. The. Football.

8. Default Re: depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Brought this up the other day. Our problem may be ____ poor recruiting AND the inability to accept the hype we all bought into was wrong. The discussion of guys with tons of "stars" in high school often don't pan out has been kicked around here before.

It's not a guarantee that a reportedly great high school stud will transfer that greatness to college. It's the nature of the beast, not just a UL problem.

Before anyone plays "it's not the players' fault", and don't slam them. I'm not. I am pointing the possible failure to honestly evaluate talent by our staff.
    Yep.

If the star system were the be all and end all, every single P5 player would get drafted into the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He. Can't. Throw. The. Football.
    In a Hud offense.WHO CAN?

WTF is a talent like Ray doing on the bench instead of playing another position? This borders on insanity

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    WTF is a talent like Ray doing on the bench instead of playing another position? This borders on insanity
    Same thing Nixon is doing

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Let's put him at wide receiver.where no one will throw to him. Or.we could put him at running back where Hud will slam him into the ____ poor offensive line 10 times a game. Or.he could be a defensive back on a defense that can't teach funamentals, ball skills, proper zone assignments, tackling, or anything basic.

Two coaches have told me this kid has all the physical tools needed to be very good at this level fast, athletic, with good arm. It's the speed of the college game and the mental part that he is having trouble with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Two coaches have told me this kid has all the physical tools needed to be very good at this level fast, athletic, with good arm. It's the speed of the college game and the mental part that he is having trouble with.
    Are you talking about Davis or Ray?

Hud best have a JC stud QB coming in next year or the downward spiral continues. I don't claim to be a coach or former coach, a talent guru, an over the top fan that knows everything down to a player's shoe size or such. But this faceless buffoon has seen enough life to know what is coming if this is NOT fixed next year. A perfect storm to cripple attendance in the major sport and fund raising, which will hurt all sports. And the band plays on in the SLC 2.0.

Last edited by ZoomZoom; September 8th, 2016 at 08:07 am. Reason: First time I played the buffoon card.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information