Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

Default Re: depth chart: Nixon now No. 2 UL quarterback behind Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    He. Can't. Throw. The. Football.
    I am talking about working on development. Did you see that I said not this year? Invest your time and energy into developing him now so he can at least be in a position next year to compete for that job. What else do you have there? You know who else had that stigma about them when they first started at UL? Desormeaux. It was the same debate about him back then as well. Move him somewhere else, he's too talented not to be playing etc. They worked on developing him and became a great player in the right system. Read my statement again

This crap again. Maybe they can run Jennings one play and Nixon the next play. Sounds like a great idea, should work

(Reference last year)I need a drink.

One of the biggest problems we have in the passing game is giving our quarterback the time needed for the play to develop. An effective offensive line makes an average quarterback look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    This crap again. Maybe they can run Jennings one play and Nixon the next play. Sounds like a great idea, should work

(Reference last year)I need a drink.
    If he used like he was against Boise I have no problem with it. It will be scary if Jennings goes down (which chances are he will) and the future of this program if we can't get a true quarterback in here.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    If he used like he was against Boise I have no problem with it. It will be scary if Jennings goes down (which chances are he will) and the future of this program if we can't get a true quarterback in here.
    We had a true quarterback last year.Hud ran him off because Hud is smarter than everyone else.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I am talking about working on development. Did you see that I said not this year? Invest your time and energy into developing him now so he can at least be in a position next year to compete for that job. What else do you have there? You know who else had that stigma about them when they first started at UL? Desormeaux. It was the same debate about him back then as well. Move him somewhere else, he's too talented not to be playing etc. They worked on developing him and became a great player in the right system. Read my statement again
    That offense would do nothing in this era of college football. Ray can't throw. Period. They can work with him as much as they want. His arm is nothing close to the other QBs, his accuracy is very bad, his decision making is worse. He is not a D1 QB. He's a terrific athlete that needs to be utilized else where.

Btw, do you really have faith in this staff to develop a project QB? If so, where's the evidence?

That offense would do nothing in this era of college football. Ray can't throw. Period. They can work with him as much as they want. His arm is nothing close to the other QBs, his accuracy is very bad, his decision making is worse. He is not a D1 QB. He's a terrific athlete that needs to be utilized else where.

Btw, do you really have faith in this staff to develop a project QB? If so, where's the evidence?
    Do you trust your practice eye after what you predicted from the offense? Should we?

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    We had a true quarterback last year.Hud ran him off because Hud is smarter than everyone else.
    Anyone see how he played last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Anyone see how he played last weekend?
    Didn't watch and kind of hard to say as they got raped by Baylor (pun intended.)

But he was 3 for 13 for 14 yards.

Face it guys, unless Jake Arceneaux is the next Jake Delhomme (I dont think he is), we do not have the QB of the future in our system.

Jordan Davis - is not the guy. I have been saying this since the 1st time I saw him on the field. Just does not seem like he is capable of running our offense (as basic as it may be)
    Dilon Ray - cannot throw the football. There are probably 5 or more high school QBs in the Acadiana area that throw a better ball than he does.
    Gunner Hudspeth - career clipboard holder. But he was the best looking QB in the spring game.
    Jake Arceneaux - TBD but I'm not very optimistic. Hope he proves me wrong one day and he is the next Jake Delhomme at UL.

talent and coaching - Baldwinesque

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Face it guys, unless Jake Arceneaux is the next Jake Delhomme (I dont think he is), we do not have the QB of the future in our system.

Jordan Davis - is not the guy. I have been saying this since the 1st time I saw him on the field. Just does not seem like he is capable of running our offense (as basic as it may be)
    Dilon Ray - cannot throw the football. There are probably 5 or more high school QBs in the Acadiana area that throw a better ball than he does.
    Gunner Hudspeth - career clipboard holder. But he was the best looking QB in the spring game.
    Jake Arceneaux - TBD but I'm not very optimistic. Hope he proves me wrong one day and he is the next Jake Delhomme at UL.
    I'm not sure it is them that's the problem. If we had a coaching staff that could figure out what our athletes do best, instead of ignorantly thinking their way is the only way.these kids might be productive quarterbacks. At the moment, we do not have that.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Do you trust your practice eye after what you predicted from the offense? Should we?
    Talent is not our problem Hawk. Watching individual drills, talent is obvious. Putting it all together is the problem. I can assess talent. I did a poor job of assessing the coaching staffs ability to utilize the talent.

Ray has a lot of talent. It's just not at the QB position.

Talent is not our problem Hawk. Watching individual drills, talent is obvious. Putting it all together is the problem. I can assess talent. I did a poor job of assessing the coaching staffs ability to utilize the talent.

Ray has a lot of talent. It's just not at the QB position.
    How do you explain 2011-2014?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information