Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Oh I felt ridiculous watching that game, thinking about what I said on RP. In reality, a lot of the excitement was just being a fan. But a lot of it was promise that (not just me but many others) saw in individual drills and scrimmage. I still maintain we have the players, but that game was squarely on coaches not having the guys ready. Same
    Complaint I've had for 2 years prior.

Anyway, have you read this guys posts? Give me a ____ing break
    He is right. Bicky was the first one to declare the greatness of the new offense, by claiming to be "friends" with Jay Johnson.

Sorry but in my opinion this should be a big concern for our program. Lets hope this is just some incredibly blatant performance issue but how many times do you see something go down with a coordinator within hours of game one??

I am much more concerned about potential wrongdoing that brings on an NCAA investigation. I know nothing but this is nuts and no matter how you cut it doesn't mean good things for this program.

When you fire the DC after 1 game, it shows how seriously messed up HUD has this program. This is not a good reflection of Hud's management of his staff. He's panicking, because he knows he once again screwed up the beginning of our season with lackluster effort and preparation. I used to think, thank goodness Hud has recognized the problem and is going to fix it. But now I see that he doesn't know how to fix it. Hud's hiring is suspect, just like his recruiting. Lots of talk, little action.

4. Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Boomer, when I need a cheerleaders opinion, I'll go find a better looking one than you
    ---AD Hominem----Why never substance??? YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM A CHEERLEADER---Now go have another negative week---maybe we can start designating a minus(-) or a plus (+) sing and just see which way you tilt!!!

I'm just wondering how much of a change can be done in 5 days. They've learned a system all off season and now they have a new DC. I just don't see much changing for this season. Maybe execution can improve, but not much else.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---AD Hominem

Why never substance??? YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM A CHEERLEADER---Now go have another negative week---maybe we can start designating a minus(-) or a plus (+) sing and just see which way you tilt!!!

Boomer.

NM I can't. I just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley Cajun View Post
    I'm just wondering how much of a change can be done in 5 days. They've learned a system all off season and now they have a new DC. I just don't see much changing for this season. Maybe execution can improve, but not much else.
    Smith is Jay Johnson.he just didn't get another offer. Lucas is Munoz. Patsies who won't stand in Hud's way like a bunch of meanies.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    We'll have to disagree with the "balls" thing. It better be a "brain" thing. And Hud needs negativity thrown at him. He seriously needs to tighten up this program.
    Hud doesn't need to tighten up; our pass coverage does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro3bqi4Eb8

9. Default Hudspeth Fires DC Melvin Smith

Hud makes change after blowout loss

I'm late to hop in and I'm generally regarded as a pariah on this site but I still regard myself as a comic genius only mildly tempered by acknowledging I possess above average self-esteem. It would be nothing short of bizarre to not anticipate a shortcoming with your DC prior to the first game of the season, even with the shortcomings against a better team in Boise State and the expectations of an improved secondary as evidenced by my own braggadocio following the white out vindication/fiasco. None of us saw this coming and even those most bloodthirsty did not call for this head. All of this leads me to revisit Scotto's post, now the hour is late and I don't recall the specifics but I only recently saw him posting and while neither here nor there I don't much care for him. If necessary I could look back and substantiate my disdain but I suspect there or others who shared in it. Now I say all this in fully acknowledging Scotto may be both a scholar and a gentleman, saintly in his manner and mechanism and just happened to rub me wrong in his sports talk on Ragin Pagin. But none the less, the coincidence would be uncanny that when my son reported this headline and I replied to My Mrs. ( not the polka-dotted vision of legend ) that "He didn't "F" up that bad, even if they hung 70 on us that was what they were supposed to do,they were classy and let up, there's something more to this, maybe he showed up F'ed up." Now this is a most delicate subject and I only broach it because while it has been walked back that our DC did not seem drunk but was dazed, confused,"out of it" and I have seen another poster avow that our former DC was an abstainer, the witnessed behavior as described does sound like someone impaired. Now I haven't followed him closely enough to know but I guess he was available because he was let go, i.e. fired as is the nature of the sport and no small part of the inflated wage, from Auburn etc. but he didn't wander around dazed or lost then, he's a grown man for Christ's sake in a business where true talent is expendable on little more than a whim. I have personally seen people let go due to impairment that no one would expect. This issue affects peers in my profession who beyond being competent were excellent. People I cared about and respected and still do but their secreted addictions got the better of them. It was an early game, out of the ordinary, what does Hud do if he shows up F'd up, even the first time, maybe it wasn't the first time. We're all men here. Most of us drink too much, none of us too naive to have not seen great people consumed by it. I've covered for people, I've had people cover for me, I've seen that be o.k., we're human, and I've seen when it had to end. I do not know this to be the case, or claim it to be the case, but it would make a certain sense and if Heaven forbid it is the case may God facilitate recovery and if it is not I request forgiveness in addressing it as aspersions had already been cast and none of us, not I or my purported nemesis, CajunHawk, are immune to this. God bless us all, God save us all, God forgive us all. What ever the reason, a fellow man lost a good job, hope somehow we're (including him) all the better for it. Geaux UL! We're going to beat McNeese. Maybe our best season ever. Jennings looked very good on very short notice. I needed to get over my grudge. He made some some sharp throws. I'm fired up, Geaux Ul!
    On a different note, my opposition here will delight in knowing I was served a Ragin Pagin Ale even though I requested a lager and after that I resorted back to Budlight in disgust. I like the notion of these high falutin' beers on paper but in reality I think Budweiser got the bugs out and I avow anyone drinking the colonial swill of days gone by would avow the same.

Default Smith Gone!

Goodbye! Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---AD Hominem

Why never substance??? YOU DAMN RIGHT I AM A CHEERLEADER---Now go have another negative week---maybe we can start designating a minus(-) or a plus (+) sing and just see which way you tilt!!!

Just stop Boomer.the problems I saw on the field are hugeother Coaches I know are seeing the same problems. Why am I extremely concerned? They are the same problems I saw last year.and they have nothing to do with talent.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Louisiana DC: Melvin Smith gets the Rod, Lucas gets the Nod

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Just stop Boomer.the problems I saw on the field are hugeother Coaches I know are seeing the same problems. Why am I extremely concerned? They are the same problems I saw last year.and they have nothing to do with talent.
    Honest question: Is Hudspeth simply unable to see the same things you and other coaches see? Or is he simply so stubborn that he just refuses to listen to anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Honest question: Is Hudspeth simply unable to see the same things you and other coaches see? Or is he simply so stubborn that he just refuses to listen to anybody?
    Truthfully Oiler, I don't know and neither does anyone else posting on this board. I'm not in the Coaching staff meetings and I don't get to watch practice. I have my suspicions based on what I'm seeing on the game field. I want this Staff to have success simply because this program has seen enough misery over the decades. Our fans deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    and next.lets relieve offensive line coach and OC
    viola. If there was a move to make, do something on the offensive end. Hud found his scapegoat. Its been his decision to run the 3-4 since he's been here and has been unsuccessful in running it and getting any type of pressure on the QB which has killed our defense.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information