Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Melvin Smith name has already been removed from the football staff listings.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Dang it! Mxt3999 had me believing Melvin was our problem! I forgot about the other side of the ball. Dang it! Are you saying perhaps our whole coaching situation is a clown show?
    Dang it! Hud needs to tighten up. I sure hope he doesn't mean I think he needs to hit the gym. some more.
    Gee willickers fellas, chin up, won't ya? Sheesh! Hud will save us from these bad assistants! Gee golly, we just need to all give more money and be patient!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    Melvin Smith name has already been removed from the football staff listings.
    I want someone in the local media to exit interview him.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Have to admit, what you witnessed must have a connection with what happened today. I've heard about a few flare ups between them last season to not totally surprising.

I worry about the effect it could have on the players. Hope they handle this situation well.
    What can a new DC accomplish 5 days before a game?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Calm down now bream. It's called patience and optimism. Try it sometime, it feels great.
    I'm not a total "sunshine pumper" though. I'm a realist. I know it didn't look good on either side of the ball Saturday. Just not ready to give up on Hud at this point. He's shown us far too much success.
    If we don't win 6 games this year, I'll re-assess the situation.
    We should not engage one another in conversation. It would only end badly.

lmao!!! Didn't even notice that

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    What can a new DC accomplish 5 days before a game?
    A built in excuse?

8. Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Fire Melvin Smith fine, but Hud along with the rest of the defensive coaching staff all played a role in this dumpster fire of a defense. What exactly are the goals for the defense moving forward?

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Yeah Boom. I appreciate the insight. No one really knows what happened. It could have been a big fight or it could have been Hud simply calling in Melvin to his office to tell him that unfortunately things weren't working out. Who knows. Hud comes off as a perfectionist with alot of passion. It's evident in the way he carries himself. I view that as a good thing. Some people don't though. Those people would call Hud a micromanager perhaps. I still believe in him and I'm just not ready to write him off at this point.

Here's to righting the ship!
    Y'all really think Hud called Melvin into his office 3 hours before kickoff to say "sorry, it's not working out?"

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    Y'all really think Hud called Melvin into his office 3 hours before kickoff to say "sorry, it's not working out?"
    I think he's messing with us Jess. No one is that clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We should not engage one another in conversation. It would only end badly.
    Your own eyes had you declaring the Cajuns had a good shot beating Boise. So how about we let people offer different opinions without talking shat?!

Nobody enjoyed getting curb stomped but in reality, Hud still has the best winning % of any Cajun coach. He isn't going anywhere this year, so let's not burn the church just yet.

12. Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

A built in excuse?
    ---A Win!!!

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BraveCajun View Post
    Your own eyes had you declaring the Cajuns had a good shot beating Boise. So how about we let people offer different opinions without talking shat?!

Nobody enjoyed getting curb stomped but in reality, Hud still has the best winning % of any Cajun coach. He isn't going anywhere this year, so let's not burn the church just yet.
    Oh I felt ridiculous watching that game, thinking about what I said on RP. In reality, a lot of the excitement was just being a fan. But a lot of it was promise that (not just me but many others) saw in individual drills and scrimmage. I still maintain we have the players, but that game was squarely on coaches not having the guys ready. Same
    Complaint I've had for 2 years prior.

Anyway, have you read this guys posts? Give me a ____ing break

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---A Win!!!
    Boomer, when I need a cheerleaders opinion, I'll go find a better looking one than you

Oh I felt ridiculous watching that game, thinking about what I said on RP. In reality, a lot of the excitement was just being a fan. But a lot of it was promise that (not just me but many others) saw in individual drills and scrimmage. I still maintain we have the players, but that game was squarely on coaches not having the guys ready. Same
    Complaint I've had for 2 years prior.

Anyway, have you read this guys posts? Give me a ____ing break
    No, I haven't paid much attention to his posts. Hell, if UL loses against Mickey Mouse then I will lead the charge to burn everything down.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . LastLast

Thread Information