Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: DC: Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by basinbear View Post
    Coach Smith does not drink .

That's why I clarified that I didn't think he was inebriated.just off. He was definitely making his last walk and he knew it.

Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Hawk is not a troll. He is a mischievous malcontent.
    Yeah Yeah. I get it man. I was just upset to see so much negativity being thrown at Hud for this firing. This is a good thing that he did. And it took some balls to do it.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    You may be right. We may be able
    to compete in the SBC, but scores we saw yesterday paint a different picture. I personally did not like the hire of Smith because I saw how bad Auburn was with all of those good players.
    I had hoped the best for us with Melvin. but I would rather we take in solid coordinators from smaller programs, that show off coaching skills with even less talent than we recruit. It's stupid for people to believe a coordinator from a P5 (successful or not) can translate well at a school with a lesser talent slate. But like you said. Melvin struggled at Auburn.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mxt3999 View Post
    Yeah Yeah. I get it man. I was just upset to see so much negativity being thrown at Hud for this firing. This is a good thing that he did. And it took some balls to do it.
    We'll have to disagree with the "balls" thing. It better be a "brain" thing. And Hud needs negativity thrown at him. He seriously needs to tighten up this program.

I had hoped the best for us with Melvin. but I would rather we take in solid coordinators from smaller programs, that show off coaching skills with even less talent than we recruit. It's stupid for people to believe a coordinator from a P5 (successful or not) can translate well at a school with a lesser talent slate. But like you said. Melvin struggled at Auburn.
    This.
    I guess I would rather see some young and hungry coordinators on their way up.
    I want to see some passion.

This.
    I guess I would rather see some young and hungry coordinators on their way up.
    I want to see some passion.
    Start with Hud. That's where we need the passion.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Start with Hud. That's where we need the passion.
    Haha come on Hawk. Stop it man. Hud is not as bad as you think he is.

We need to find a young DC who can recruit Nola and the river parishes.

And he isn't as good as you think he is. When the defense isn't fixed.who will you blame? Lucas?

Hud is not throwing away this season. Smith getting fired shows that. I just wish he would've done it after the end of last season

All he does is hate on Hud. He's had one bad season, and it's like "Oh my God, everyone off the bandwagon". I mean, come on, it was Boise for cryin out loud. It's not like it was Southwestern Oklahoma Panhandle or something.

Finally a couple of guys who agree with me! Sheesh. The negativity was so strong. I was expecting a different reaction. Guess people really liked Melvin?

Let's turn this season around and start by pounding McNeese this Saturday. We have four teams on the schedule that are beatable before we get App St at home. We can correct our problems and improve drastically by then.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    We need to find a young DC who can recruit Nola and the river parishes.
    Huge cooridoor of talent that is within reach of UL. You're right.

14. Default Re: DC Melvin Smith Fired

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    It doesn't take balls to blame someone for your mistakes. The opposite actually.
    ----Don't know how many have ever been on staffs----things get really crazy at times from yelling blow outs to punches etc---Been on about half a dozen in HS and college and tell you at times it is not a fun thing, but that is what happens when the people who do it are nuts---It is also why so many exes from the profession do so well in other lines of employment---you have guys with an incredible work ethic with huge egos, and they all want to do it their way---and that presents itself with options by the head dude as to what he thinks will be the best remedy to the situation--and in this case it was termination of the DC---Sure hope it works out!!!

Todd Berry as our new defensive coord.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information